Every Morning …

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Anyone have an idea for keeping the truck all clean when you wake up? I don’t have it in garage currently, and was wondering if you all use a duster each morning.. a micro towel.. nothing? Lol… I like to keep her pretty and try every morning to wipe her down with a microfiber towel and keep it going through out the day lol ?

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
California Duster. Been using them since the mid 90’s.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
It's a TRUCK...not a garage queen. The more you treat it like one, the more you will hesitate to use it like one. "OOOHHH, I can't put stuff in the bed, it might get a scratch"....."And I know it's gonna get dirty".
Keep it clean and detailed , but daily cleaning and "wiping dust off"...no way.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It's a TRUCK...not a garage queen. The more you treat it like one, the more you will hesitate to use it like one. "OOOHHH, I can't put stuff in the bed, it might get a scratch"....."And I know it's gonna get dirty".
Keep it clean and detailed , but daily cleaning and "wiping dust off"...no way.
Yeah, my bed hasn’t been clean since about three days after I bought the truck. :like:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
California Duster. Been using them since the mid 90’s.
Mike, I'm still using the one I bought in the 90's. Seems the dirtier it gets the better it works. :)

Mack, as others have said a good coat of wax is your friend. However, during the pollen season it's a chore to keep one looking good. In my part of North Carolina, and a line of pine trees next to my house, it's a fight everyday. Thankfully pollen season is almost over here.

Kodiacnb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Yeah, I did the 303 nano spray a couple weeks ago and shortly after, the tree pollen came in full force. Now that it's washed and waxed I just let the rain clean it and it does a pretty good job. Glad I waxed it when I did. I give mine a couple weeks before a good wash unless I do some back roads, that is.

Kodiacnb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Mike, I'm still using the one I bought in the 90's. Seems the dirtier it gets the better it works. :)

Mack, as others have said a good coat of wax is your friend. However, during the pollen season it's a chore to keep one looking good. In my part of North Carolina, and a line of pine trees next to my house, it's a fight everyday. Thankfully pollen season is almost over here.
Know what you mean, with the pines..... luckily we get a couple rains a week which helps a lot.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Know what you mean, with the pines..... luckily we get a couple rains a week which helps a lot.
Lucky you Robert. When pollen season hits here the rains stop. When the wind blows you see that crap coming out of the trees. I can wash my truck, and before I'm through drying it pollen is aready attacking the thing. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

They do Jim! I had bought a new one for my Jeep and it didn't seem to work as good as the old one I've had for years that I use on my Ranger. I started using the Jeep one (now that's it's gone) and it's starting to look black and dirty but it's picking up the dust a lot better now.

One thing to keep in mind is there's paraffin wax on the duster. When brand new wrap it in either some newspaper or a brown shopping bag for 24-48hrs. It'll absorb most of the excess wax that's on it and won't leave streak marks on your finish.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Absolutely… I get both aspects. Treat it like a truck and also keep it clean. My OCD and adderall addiction doesn’t allow that to happen. ?

I can’t find a CA Duster .. out here in wonderful California lol. Sold out everywhere. But also with it being pollen … those beautiful little yellow dots are gorgeous all over my white truck as I’m drying it off and vacuuming the inside ?

Air compressor might not be a bad idea lol… just lately with the yellow dots and almost like “smoke ish” black dots when I wake up (was thinking of fires when they were going on) … the ash dots and yellow dots make me go nuts in my head.
Sponsored