Every Ranger Owner should have a "Rocket ship" handy.

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Every Ranger Owner should have a "Rocket ship" handy.

The packaging of this FMC Motorcraft Lacquer Touch-up Paint looks like a rocket ship.
It can be easily obtained from anywhere eg any auto parts store or Internet. Good buy ~$10.
You need your "exact" Ford Motor Company "paint code" which is stamped on the drivers side door jam. (See owners manual)
This Lacquer Touch-up paint will fix those nasty gravel dings and scratches that penetrate the surface paint.
For my Ranger (Lightning Blue paint code N6) the vehicle dip/primer coat is white, then comes the blue metallic base coat and last the factory clear coat. The "rocket ship" only has a base coat and clear coat lacquers along with a helpful abrasive prep tip - just following the easy instructions on the package. If the paint surface damage is extremely large and deep then leave it to the professionals to fix.;)
BTW … Please hold the "Rocket ship" upside-down or you will get a nasty surprise and you will need to get some paint thinner to clean up your mess.:frown:

Rocket_Ship.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
BTW … Please hold the "Rocket ship" upside-down or you will get a nasty surprise and you will need to get some paint thinner to clean up your mess.:frown:
Rocket_Ship.JPG
I almost made this mistake all over my kitchen counter. I caught it just in time. I don't remember the specifics...I was expecting it to be upside down from where it is.
Sponsored