Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
"Do your research before even thinking about it and make a wiser choice."

No shit? How about buying a vehicle for your use case and not have unrealistic expectations?

I'd love to have a Lightning (or any number of EV's actually), but it would be used for driving back and forth to work and around town stuff. Would be charged 100% of the time (well, I might plug it into a 110v outlet at work to get a few miles for free...) at home and likely never used to tow the camper unless it was a short trip. In that case, I'd be able to charge it at the campground.

What a nothing article. Needs to have a realistic title.

"Man doesn't research his car purchase and is disappointed"

Last edited:

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm sure that they'll get to being road-trip/non-urban ready one day, but as of right now, EVs are really only suitable as commuter cars. You need at least a hybrid if you want to go any distance that isn't rush-hour traffic or outside of a metropolitan area.

Note that Fox has a glaring error in their reporting: Winnipeg to Chicago is 1400 KM, not miles; it's only about 870 miles. That might be a simple oversight, but it also makes me wonder if they short-changed anything else in their reporting.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
That guy is dumb as a box of rocks. Even minimal research before buying he would have known everything he dropped 130k to learn. Only good for city commuting. That’s it. Dropped 130k to find out a scam is actually a scam. 🤦‍♂️

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
This graph is from a study showing cost comparison between ice and ev per 100 miles. The bottom home vs commercial is charging location.

Screenshot_20230806-102352_Chrome.jpg

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
"Do your research before even thinking about it and make a wiser choice."

No shit? How about buying a vehicle for your use case and not have unrealistic expectations?

I'd love to have a Lightning (or any number of EV's actually), but it would be used for driving back and forth to work and around town stuff. Would be charged 100% of the time (well, I might plug it into a 110v outlet at work to get a few miles for free...) at home and likely never used to tow the camper unless it was a short trip. In that case, I'd be able to charge it at the campground.

What a nothing article. Needs to have a realistic title.

"Man doesn't research his car purchase and is disappointed"
This article is a whole lot of nothing, it serves to further the anti-EV narrative and confirmation bias of those who don't like them. Nothing more, nothing less.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Tough crowd
I bet none of you ever got dazzled by shiny things...right?

Sure, all the time.

But there's a difference between a $300 computer or a $1000 set of tires as opposed to a $130,000 vehicle.

Unless money is no object, a $130,000 purchase for the vast majority of the nation would be a serious 'sit down and think about this long and hard' decision.

If money were no object, the dude wouldn't be bitching to the media. He can whine and complain all he wants, but the information he needed to make a rational decision is out there, he was just too stupid to look for it. Blaming the manufacturer is just dumb. It would be different if he bought the truck and it got 10 miles to a charge. That is something you could blame the manufacturer for, but there are pages and pages of things written about real-world results from the truck. Also, there is no shortage of information about the charging network, plus he drove through a part of the continent that is bound to be one of the last served with a decent charging network.

He spent a lot of money adding chargers to his house and upgrading his electrical. Well, no shit, how did he think he was going to charge it.

This guy is a moron, full stop. I'd be embarrassed to be the one highlighted in that article.

But most people will point to it and say "SEE REAL JOURNALISM" and then use it to support whatever tribe/tribe think they happen to be a member of that day.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
The guy clearly did no research on realistic range, charger availability, cost to charge, and totally fell for the hype. Ford does not present an accurate picture when the Lightning site has a travel time calculator that in the fine print says excludes charging time. What is the point of that if not to mislead people? You can determine travel time with Google maps so why include that on a Lightning site? But the bottom line is use your brain and not your emotions to think you are saving the planet.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
This article is a whole lot of nothing, it serves to further the anti-EV narrative and confirmation bias of those who don't like them. Nothing more, nothing less.
I assume you're agreeing with me, since that's what I said. :)

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
That guy is dumb as a box of rocks. Even minimal research before buying he would have known everything he dropped 130k to learn. Only good for city commuting. That’s it. Dropped 130k to find out a scam is actually a scam. 🤦‍♂️
Please don’t insult rocks, you may get banned 😛🤪😜

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Yoda say's....
Use the Force you may to charge batteries. Force will act like battery charger , it will.
But, to use the Force, it must be strong in you, believe in it you must !
If you do not believe, the Force will evade you, and battery you will not charge !
Find IC tow truck to tow you, you must.

download (1).jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.