First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think the EV infrastructure can ever get to where it needs to be with State or Federal government leading the charge. Somehow, private industry has to take over and run it.
I think it already has taken over. Ford and GM signed up with Tesla for Super Charger network access.

Unfortunately the government is pretty solidly ensconced in the grid and the grid is not ready and will not be ready for 2035. The good news is government will be there to save us from the crisis they created to address a crisis which is actually not a crisis... :)
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
lets not bad mouth EV... come on. brands like EZGO and ClubCar have been very successful for decades...
Come on man. these EV cars are amazingly good for the planet. except that they require heavy amounts of mining of earth metals and elements that are dangerous, lead to things like poisoned waters and soils, kill plants, kill animals. im sure someone will get a thong rash but, these mines will all be similar to superfund sites in the future. Call bs on it. wait and see lol. that does not bother most of us as the mines are in places considered crap holes / third world at this time. however, to build this utopia infrastructure for EV will require mines and processing in places we may give a crap about near people we might actually miss. check out the super fund map and see how close you live to one.

https://www.epa.gov/superfund/search-superfund-sites-where-you-live

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
brands like EZGO and ClubCar
I love your usual sarcasm in every post...

before somebody comes along and starts to try to tear apart your theory, I'm backing up your post to add EZGO and Clubcar are huge entities that have ruled EV world but get no recognition because they -insert bs political comment here- don't agree/endorse -insert bs political comment here- so they get ignored despite knowing their niche and reigning it for decades

I won't get into EZGO is chinese owned

Wang.S

Banned
Banned
First Name
Wang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5G
Occupation
Tech
I'm not going to get into the EV vs ICE fight, but I do want to comment on the subject person of the video and the comments made about him being stupid etc.

Put the context of the country he lives in, and understand the propaganda, shame and finger pointing our Liberal government does to its own citizens in regards to global warming.
We are at fault, We burn petroleum products, We are destroying our earth, we are bad people.
Our government continues to shame us as being the reason why our forests are burning. Its never ending where you turn with all the carbon taxes, the raised prices on every product, all in an effort for us to jump ship like drowning rats.

So step back from your high horses, and understand the typical person in Canada is not on the same playing field as you believe you are. They aren't dumb, they are misinformed by the government.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm not going to get into the EV vs ICE fight, but I do want to comment on the subject person of the video and the comments made about him being stupid etc.

Put the context of the country he lives in, and understand the propaganda, shame and finger pointing our Liberal government does to its own citizens in regards to global warming.
We are at fault, We burn petroleum products, We are destroying our earth, we are bad people.
Our government continues to shame us as being the reason why our forests are burning. Its never ending where you turn with all the carbon taxes, the raised prices on every product, all in an effort for us to jump ship like drowning rats.

So step back from your high horses, and understand the typical person in Canada is not on the same playing field as you believe you are. They aren't dumb, they are misinformed by the government.
Uh we get the same treatment here in the US. We're just a little less further down the toilet than Canada and Europe (for reasons outside the scope of this thread).

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i know some will disagree but the point of the EV push is money, not saving the Earth. lots of money to be made in all the things needed to make widespread ev use work well. think of all the jobs and workers that must be used for all this to build into a solid option. a new auto industry that requires even more things coming together to make a new auto.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
i know some will disagree but the point of the EV push is money, not saving the Earth. lots of money to be made in all the things needed to make widespread ev use work well. think of all the jobs and workers that must be used for all this to build into a solid option. a new auto industry that requires even more things coming together to make a new auto.
And there are many lobbyists throwing money at congressional members ensuring only the rich will get richer and don't for get 10% for the big guy from China. If I was on the money side of the fence, I would push a fake agenda hard for a big payoff. It's all about money controlling the agenda when some in the government are forcing implementation without science.

Last edited:

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX

Please note I said the video was stupid- not the person, although in fact I shouldn't even say that, the video is actually quite clever, it deflects all the shortcomings of the current EV push onto one poor person causing people to place the blame there, rather than the poorly planned system behind it.

As I said up further, we have an EV and it suits us perfectly for the purpose for it was purchased. Despite the vast distances where even ICE vehicles are still not properly serviced in this country, I do think that EV's have a better chance here, than in say Canada where the winters are brutal and battery performance must suffer.

It's currently winter here, our EV is downstairs charging for free from out rooftop solar, the sky is perfectly clear, and the temps will probably hit ~26 C It never gets cold enough for the EV to need the battery warmer, and the battery cooler only turns on when using a fast charger.

The only EV pickup currently for sale here has a miserable 150 Km range when towing, I'll be keeping my Ranger or it's replacement for some time to come.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Maybe, but if it was CNN or MSNBC, they would say it is Trump's fault, and then he would be hit with another indictment.
I see from the ratings some people are getting smart and watching less of them these days.
I love this guy. Explains it in layman's terms
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.