Engine Miss

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
My truck runs rough when on 1st start in the morning (Cold), Finally convinced dealer to pull codes, has a miss logged. Looks like a an injector. I did not think it would log coded.... BUT hey, they are very advanced.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
My truck runs rough when on 1st start in the morning (Cold), Finally convinced dealer to pull codes, has a miss logged. Looks like a an injector. I did not think it would log coded.... BUT hey, they are very advanced.
I assume you did not have a CEL?

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Might be the same issue I’m having. Got an appointment two weeks.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I start my truck from inside and raise the garage door from my Phone. Its a lot less noisy once warned up.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I start my truck from inside and raise the garage door from my Phone. Its a lot less noisy once warned up.
Still doesn't fix the concern! Mine is going in tonight, so they can cold start in the Tuesday morning for more diagnostics.

Jasper White

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger, 17 Escape, 06 Miata
6 trips to 3 different service departments, 4 TSB updates and 12K miles since I bought my Ranger in February. I paid over $1200 out of my pocket to have the injectors replaced. Finally my truck runs like it should. No CELs so Ford wouldn't believe me or in their words, "throw parts at it". I'm turning it over to my attorney. Let the games begin!

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped my truck off today, so I should have some word tomorrow. I will post results.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well after day one the truck was not started until it was 100 degrees and they said it ran fine but logged more miss codes, I asked how can it run fine if is is missing.

Today they said there is pressure in the radiator and coolant in #4 cylinder... Now they have to wait for heavy line to diagnose it. They did offer a rental car, I told them I bought a truck because I need a truck...... nothing back on getting a truck.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping this is isolated. Mine runs a little rough from a cold start on rare occasions.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping this is isolated. Mine runs a little rough from a cold start on rare occasions.
The is the exact response from the Local dealership:

Hi Daniel, Vehicle did not miss on start up however misfire count indicated cylinder 4 dropping lower than the others, with minimum run time (about 1 minute) turned off vehicle and removed coolant cap and felt pressure release, this is a sign compression is getting past the head gasket into the coolant passages, removed spark plug #4 and inspected with bore scope, found signs of coolant in combustion chamber 4, recommend heavy line diag.

I will be working on getting this further diagnosed as quickly as possible, as this moment I have no real time frame to offer, it is a few days wait due to the techs are on jobs already, I will see if I can get this at least looked at before then. In the meantime I can put you in a rental, I have called Enterprise to see if they had any trucks available, and they do not. Let me know what addressee to send Enterprise to, and they will pick you up, Regards,

Last edited:
OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
its not Fords fault about the rental truck.
however if Enterprise cant supply the vehicles Ford requests, then that relationship/contract should be evaluated.

good luck on getting a fix soon. sounds like it was steves first day in the engine assembly line and he goofed.
Correct the the rental car, but the reason for the need does belong to Ford. Ford Customer Service is working it.
I have no complaint with the dealership on this, but I need a truck at the moment, I am letting the system work.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got word from service advisor that they are looking a possibly doing a long block.

JCRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Just got word from service advisor that they are looking a possibly doing a long block.
Not good. Having a similar issue. Mine skips like a school girl. At the dealer now

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not good. Having a similar issue. Mine skips like a school girl. At the dealer now
I can only hope that this is not a trend.

I am hoping they goof up and replace with a 3.7 eco boost as a good faith measure.... DREAMING!!! ;-)
Sponsored