OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
And the saga goes on. I received a call from the reaquiry team asking me if I would select one of two options:

1. Sell the truck back - minus vehicle mileage charge.

2. Replace truck - minus vehicle mileage charge.

I asked what the charge was - they did not have that information. I asked how they expect me to make a decision when they are not making a solid offer yet.

Pro's - I am working with my dealership and they are one the spot with this, They have not located a truck even close to mine so it looks like a 2020. Now the decision is FX4 or FX2.

Changes I will make on order:
I am definitely switching from 500A to 501A package.
Changing color to from Ingot Silver (not available) to Lightning Blue.

For the replacement I was able to get a RAV rebate, only because I asked about it.
Sponsored

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
And the saga goes on. I received a call from the reaquiry team asking me if I would select one of two options:

1. Sell the truck back - minus vehicle mileage charge.

2. Replace truck - minus vehicle mileage charge.

I asked what the charge was - they did not have that information. I asked how they expect me to make a decision when they are not making a solid offer yet.

Pro's - I am working with my dealership and they are one the spot with this, They have not located a truck even close to mine so it looks like a 2020. Now the decision is FX4 or FX2.

Changes I will make on order:
I am definitely switching from 500A to 501A package.
Changing color to from Ingot Silver (not available) to Lightning Blue.

For the replacement I was able to get a RAV rebate, only because I asked about it.
How can they not have the mileage charges readily available for you? That should be part of the information they provide you with. I'm wondering what my mileage charge might be if I have to go that route, went into the shop with 521 miles, 26 days ago. They've put another 166 miles on it with test drives, getting it up to 687 miles. No ETA in sight.

Keep us updated on your process please.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
How can they not have the mileage charges readily available for you? That should be part of the information they provide you with. I'm wondering what my mileage charge might be if I have to go that route, went into the shop with 521 miles, 26 days ago. They've put another 166 miles on it with test drives, getting it up to 687 miles. No ETA in sight.

Keep us updated on your process please.
One thing they did tell me is they went back to the original date of service claim. I hope that is the mileage they use, Another consideration is additional damage (Mine has none) but Ford will not reimburse for the spray in bedliner (Linex Premium).

I can only go with what the dealership is telling me about availability of trucks they are looking at.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
One thing they did tell me is they went back to the original date of service claim. I hope that is the mileage they use, Another consideration is additional damage (Mine has none) but Ford will not reimburse for the spray in bedliner (Linex Premium).

I can only go with what the dealership is telling me about availability of trucks they are looking at.
I only found 5 Silver Lariat FX4s within 100 miles of Oxnard: https://shop.ford.com/inventory/ran...=FX4_Off_Road&ExteriorColor=UX&Order=Distance

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
then a 2020 it is.
Unless you can find a dealer with a pending order they would be willing to modify to suit. Not sure if it is too late for that or not - I would think not since they are still scheduling the 2019s at this point. I know the order book is closed, but all the orders don't appear to have been scheduled at this point.

Something to inquire about if you don't want to wait 6 months anyway.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you can find a dealer with a pending order they would be willing to modify to suit. Not sure if it is too late for that or not - I would think not since they are still scheduling the 2019s at this point. I know the order book is closed, but all the orders don't appear to have been scheduled at this point.

Something to inquire about if you don't want to wait 6 months anyway.
Thanks for the idea. My Dealer modified an order to my specs only changes are Lightning Blue & 501A vice 500A everything else I had on my 2019 Lariat, FX4, Trailer Tow etc. Thanks for the idea. I will actually save money on the deal.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the idea. My Dealer modified an order to my specs only changes are Lightning Blue & 501A vice 500A everything else I had on my 2019 Lariat, FX4, Trailer Tow etc. Thanks for the idea. I will actually save money on the deal.
Good deal - hopefully you get it relatively soon and it is trouble free.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Well I have an appointment for sept 9th to see what’s going on with mine. Having same issue as you. Let’s see what happens.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired

Some states are required under lemon law to reimburse for accessories. You can find lemon law information online. They are usually required to go to first repair for mileage. Every states mileage charge is different.

Ask them to forgive the mileage charge as reimbursement for your inconvenience. You have nothing to lose. Negotiate.

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My new ranger with have a birthdate of 10/03/2019. Finally!

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase