Engine Miss

Discussion in 'Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls' started by SafetyDan, Jul 26, 2019.

1. SafetyDan

SafetyDan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat FX4 501A (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat FX4 500A (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
    My truck runs rough when on 1st start in the morning (Cold), Finally convinced dealer to pull codes, has a miss logged. Looks like a an injector. I did not think it would log coded.... BUT hey, they are very advanced.

kieefer likes this.
  2. kieefer

kieefer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    kieefer
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
    I assume you did not have a CEL?

SubVet likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat FX4 501A (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat FX4 500A (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
    No CEL.

4. kieefer

kieefer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    kieefer
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
    Might be the same issue I’m having. Got an appointment two weeks.

5. SubVet

SubVet Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat - 2019 Honda CRV Touring
    Retired
    Garage Profiles:
    I start my truck from inside and raise the garage door from my Phone. Its a lot less noisy once warned up.

LewisLegacy likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Still doesn't fix the concern! Mine is going in tonight, so they can cold start in the Tuesday morning for more diagnostics.

SubVet likes this.
  7. Jasper White

Jasper White Member

First Name:
    Jasper
    Vehicle(s):
    19 Ranger, 17 Escape, 06 Miata
    6 trips to 3 different service departments, 4 TSB updates and 12K miles since I bought my Ranger in February. I paid over $1200 out of my pocket to have the injectors replaced. Finally my truck runs like it should. No CELs so Ford wouldn't believe me or in their words, "throw parts at it". I'm turning it over to my attorney. Let the games begin!

MINI Ranger and Stevie Gee like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    I dropped my truck off today, so I should have some word tomorrow. I will post results.

9. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Well after day one the truck was not started until it was 100 degrees and they said it ran fine but logged more miss codes, I asked how can it run fine if is is missing.

Today they said there is pressure in the radiator and coolant in #4 cylinder... Now they have to wait for heavy line to diagnose it. They did offer a rental car, I told them I bought a truck because I need a truck...... nothing back on getting a truck.

10. RangerKody

RangerKody Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kody
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger
    Garage Profiles:
    Hoping this is isolated. Mine runs a little rough from a cold start on rare occasions.

11. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    #11 Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    The is the exact response from the Local dealership:

Hi Daniel, Vehicle did not miss on start up however misfire count indicated cylinder 4 dropping lower than the others, with minimum run time (about 1 minute) turned off vehicle and removed coolant cap and felt pressure release, this is a sign compression is getting past the head gasket into the coolant passages, removed spark plug #4 and inspected with bore scope, found signs of coolant in combustion chamber 4, recommend heavy line diag.

I will be working on getting this further diagnosed as quickly as possible, as this moment I have no real time frame to offer, it is a few days wait due to the techs are on jobs already, I will see if I can get this at least looked at before then. In the meantime I can put you in a rental, I have called Enterprise to see if they had any trucks available, and they do not. Let me know what addressee to send Enterprise to, and they will pick you up, Regards,

12. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Correct the the rental car, but the reason for the need does belong to Ford. Ford Customer Service is working it.
    I have no complaint with the dealership on this, but I need a truck at the moment, I am letting the system work.

13. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Just got word from service advisor that they are looking a possibly doing a long block.

14. JCRanger

JCRanger New Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat
    Not good. Having a similar issue. Mine skips like a school girl. At the dealer now

15. OP
    OP
    SafetyDan

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    I can only hope that this is not a trend.

I am hoping they goof up and replace with a 3.7 eco boost as a good faith measure.... DREAMING!!! ;-)