Sponsored

Engine grenaded due to water intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Which ones? There's an engine driven fan off the engine itself and then there's the fan for the HVAC box.
I'm honestly not sure, I just remember hearing fans turn on. By the time I opened the hood after turning off the truck they were off.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yeah then he called the ls engine trash. Lol

My 16yo has a 03 silverado with a 5.3.... 235k and still rolling. My 05 gto has 118k of being beat on.... Still running.
I hate gm, so yes, I did call the ls trash. You may like them, I don't.
Deal with it.
 

21rangerCactus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
399
Reaction score
978
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
I'm neither a troll, or a moron.
I'm quoting the price I was given. I've never had a vehicle even break down before, so this is completely unfamiliar territory for me.
I'm trying very hard to control how I'm reacting to people, because I know y'all are just trying to help, but I won't put up with being insulted.
I have no problem getting myself banned for unloading verbally.
let's continue without the insults, real or potentially perceived.
Now, if you decide to sling insults,
You should seek help if it's that hard for you to restrain yourself over someone on the internet calling you name.

. Maybe don't act an ass to people trying to help and you won't get insulted.

Go ahead and unload your insults on me if it'll make you feel better. You can PM me so you won't get banned, Or you know... Grow up and stop having toddler tantrums

You keep saying "that's all I know" and then come back with more details. The quote they gave you should have some answers... Like why is it 15 grand. Who goes to any mechanic shop, especially a dealer, and takes everything they say as truth? Is the same dealer that never fixed your transmission issues?
 

21rangerCactus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
399
Reaction score
978
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
I hate gm, so yes, I did call the ls trash. You may like them, I don't.
Deal with it.
I've had a few GMs. Don't hate them, don't care for them. Same as ford. What works works and what doesn't doesn't. What don't you think is trash? I personally like honda for the boring but gets it done car/suv..

"deal with it"? Lol... I see you never got the attention you needed as a kid. It'll be okay. One day you'll get that hug.
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You should seek help if it's that hard for you to restrain yourself over someone on the internet calling you name.

. Maybe don't act an ass to people trying to help and you won't get insulted.

Go ahead and unload your insults on me if it'll make you feel better. You can PM me so you won't get banned, Or you know... Grow up and stop having toddler tantrums

You keep saying "that's all I know" and then come back with more details. The quote they gave you should have some answers... Like why is it 15 grand. Who goes to any mechanic shop, especially a dealer, and takes everything they say as truth? Is the same dealer that never fixed your transmission issues?
I reply to the questions that I'm asked, some jog my memory, some don't. It is the same dealer, and my reasoning for having it towed there is that I don't care what the price is that they quote, I'm going the cheapest route possible because I'm washing my hands of the truck after it's either repaired, disposed of, sold off, or whatever.
I've been getting help with my inability to handle stress. I've made a lot of progress with it. Thanks for your concern.
Back to the truck, I loved having the truck prior to the start of the aforementioned issues in several of my responses, but each one made me like it less and less. The reason I don't seem receptive to some of the help people are offering, is because I don't want to be bothered with owning the truck anymore. I want to spend as little as possible to get rid of it, while hopefully regaining at least some of the money I've dumped into it since I bought it.
 


OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've had a few GMs. Don't hate them, don't care for them. Same as ford. What works works and what doesn't doesn't. What don't you think is trash? I personally like honda for the boring but gets it done car/suv..

"deal with it"? Lol... I see you never got the attention you needed as a kid. It'll be okay. One day you'll get that hug.
Are you gonna hug me? I'd prefer not, but that's something we can discuss at a later date.
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've had a few GMs. Don't hate them, don't care for them. Same as ford. What works works and what doesn't doesn't. What don't you think is trash? I personally like honda for the boring but gets it done car/suv..

"deal with it"? Lol... I see you never got the attention you needed as a kid. It'll be okay. One day you'll get that hug.
I'm also considering a honda as a replacement for the truck. It's between that and subaru.
 

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,801
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Is that a Supercab? It HAS to be repaired and get back on the road for people to see and enjoy and take selfys with... the rarity alone demands it... "How soon?" should be the question, not "How much?"... (but not a dealership)...
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Is that a Supercab? It HAS to be repaired and get back on the road for people to see and enjoy and take selfys with... the rarity alone demands it... "How soon?" should be the question, not "How much?"... (but not a dealership)...
It is, I'm not, and if someone else wants to, they're more than welcome to.
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm glad that my misfortune and difficulty in dealing with it has brought joy to some of you. To the people who weren't being dickbags, thanks for the help, past and current.
To the shitheads who decided to add to the stress and unpleasant experience, I hope you all have nothing but bad shit happen to you for a long time.
Fuck you.
Ban me. 😁
 

NotBudule2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
4,801
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
It is, I'm not, and if someone else wants to, they're more than welcome to.
Damn , its a 2wd also ? That's a good candidate for some really cool upgrades if somebody gets it... low and quick, wish I had it...
 

Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,701
Reaction score
10,986
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
Damn , its a 2wd also ? That's a good candidate for some really cool upgrades if somebody gets it... low and quick, wish I had it...
At this rate he might take $500 for it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
 








Top