Late year orders?

LagoCJ

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2021 Bronco FE
I ordered a Ranger Tremor last week and have an order number. But, I have since read that 2021 orders closed 6/18. Anybody else have a late order in? If so, have info on expected production/delivery?

When do they stop building '21s??
Sponsored

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I am going to be pissed and raise hell if that is the case. I ordered on line on the 6/14. I went into dealer on 6/15 to sign some paperwork. but I still can't see my order on my ford account.
Then the dealer screwed around with some paperwork as part of that $1000 ordering bonus rebate which is to prove it is a sold order and not a dealer stock order, and I don't think the actual order has been put in yet.
And I already gave them my trade as a (Large) downpayment because I can go a couple months with 2 cars instead of 3.

OP
OP

LagoCJ

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you just placed your order I don't think you'll be seeing it until 2022, just FYI
Checked with the dealership again yesterday and they said that the order had been accepted for 21 and I have an order number. So, we shall see. The promo shows 21 orders are being accepted until 7/6. But, the Donlen site shows 21 order cut off is 6/18. Who knows.....

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Ranger Tremor last week and have an order number. But, I have since read that 2021 orders closed 6/18. Anybody else have a late order in? If so, have info on expected production/delivery?

When do they stop building '21s??
I always assumed when the next model year go into production that is the end of the current production, but my 20 Ranger was built in November 20, well after 21s were already out a few months. I guess they make both model years simultaneously when possible.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Checked with the dealership again yesterday and they said that the order had been accepted for 21 and I have an order number. So, we shall see. The promo shows 21 orders are being accepted until 7/6. But, the Donlen site shows 21 order cut off is 6/18. Who knows.....
The Ranger and Bronco are made in the same plant and line. I know the Bronco timeline for 2021's cutoff for production is in November with the 2022's starting in December. I would assume the Ranger will follow this too as they're not going to shut down the plant twice and retool just for the Ranger.

As I've learned with the Bronco just because you have an order it doesn't guarantee you'll get your build this year. With the chip shortage and a lot of other parts constraints it could be pushed out but that's all going to depend on how many have orders ahead of you. I would bet you will get yours this year once the chips start coming in.

OP
OP

LagoCJ

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would bet you will get yours this year once the chips start coming in.
I definitely agree that it is 'logical' for the Bronco and Ranger schedules to match. Sure hope you are right about my Ranger being made soon. I have an image of my Tremor on the line right behind my Bronco...wishful thinking! :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I definitely agree that it is 'logical' for the Bronco and Ranger schedules to match. Sure hope you are right about my Ranger being made soon. I have an image of my Tremor on the line right behind my Bronco...wishful thinking! :)
I haven't seen to many delays with the Ranger so I'm assuming you'll be good. What Bronco did you order and what was your Res date?

OP
OP

LagoCJ

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't seen to many delays with the Ranger so I'm assuming you'll be good. What Bronco did you order and what was your Res date?
I ordered a First Edition, 4Dr, Lightning Blue. Res date was first hour (7/13) and it is being built this week (YAY!). So, most likely will get the Bronc before the Tremor.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I ordered a First Edition, 4Dr, Lightning Blue. Res date was first hour (7/13) and it is being built this week (YAY!). So, most likely will get the Bronc before the Tremor.
That's going to be a sweet Bronco! My Res was Oct 14th so I knew all along I'd be a '22 which is ok. It'll just be hard to wait once they start hitting the streets. Good luck with your orders.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Here is the link that shows data on order/build/startup dates. it starts with "can change)
final order date is today 6/25.
first 2022 orders accepted 9/13
2022 schedule starts 10/13
2022 production startup 12/13

and if there is no shutdowns for retooling (I don't think ranger or bronco changes anything going into 22) so they might be producing rangers up to 12/12 (which is a Sunday)

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Update, I called Ford to see if they need to do something to connect my order, with my ford account so I can view it. He seemed to think I needed a VIN first (I do have an order number).
I know the dealer put my order in today around lunchtime. When I call Ford direct they can see the order and he seemed to indicate that means its accepted.
Sponsored