Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking for an answer to put this kit on a two-wheel drive. Have a local four-wheel drive shop that's going to check it out. I asked them to just install one front shock to make sure the fitment is good. So if they fit I will tell you here that they work on two-wheel drives. If not I'll have to send them back and try the fox solution.
Installed successfully see post #6
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/eibach-pro-lift-kit-on-2wd.5309/#post-84977
Sponsored

Last edited:

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
I've been looking for an answer to put this kit on a two-wheel drive. Have a local four-wheel drive shop that's going to check it out. I asked them to just install one front shock to make sure the fitment is good. So if they fit I will tell you here that they work on two-wheel drives. If not I'll have to send them back and try the fox solution. Appt 12/18
I was literally just going to make this thread and am very interested in the answer because I want to buy it for my 2WD Ranger. I contacted Eibach last week but have not heard back. =/

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was literally just going to make this thread and am very interested in the answer because I want to buy it for my 2WD Ranger. I contacted Eibach last week but have not heard back. =/
I talked to Eibach. They won't guarantee fitment on a two-wheel-drive because they've never tried to install them on a two-wheel drive. If they fit with the stock Springs I'll let everybody know we're good to go. I only bought them because Panda Motorworks told me that they've sold them to 2 wheel drive owners

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is in the shop... we'll find out soon if the install Works in a 2 wheel drive truck using stock Springs on a ranger Lariat 2 wheel drive.

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
My truck is in the shop... we'll find out soon if the install Works in a 2 wheel drive truck using stock Springs on a ranger Lariat 2 wheel drive.
Sweet, I thought you had a date of 12/18? :)

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, I thought you had a date of 12/18? :)
Yeah I wasn't too happy with that date so I looked around asked a friend of mine who does all this business with this particular shop to give them a try.

Soooooo will the Eibach kit fit on a RWD Ranger???? HELL YEAH!!!

But there is a caveat. And it's not the front shocks It is the Rears. Apparently the mounting bushing on the Ranger is smaller than the Eibachs. But the shop was able to mod the stock bushings to make it fit tight,

So this guinea pig is happy to tell you all have no fear when it comes to the Eibach Pro lift Kit. I did not use the Eibach springs. Because those Springs would force me into a 3-inch lift which means I'd have to put a block in the back to level.

So they used the stock Springs and I got my 2.25 inch lift. and now for the best part. The ride has been improved dramatically I tested it out on some speed bumps and some rough roads and it just sucks up the pavement like nothing else. The labor cost was $340. Including alignment. One inch higher in the back than the fronts

Now I know ride quality is subjective. But my ass tells me this is a much better ride than the stock shocks. I just felt better using the shocks over the spacer especially after Ford screwed up my front end and had it clunking. These guys said they found some other stuff they didn't do. I tipped the tech 20 bucks. I will be going back there for oil changes so they can check the alignment again make sure everything is holding.

The rear is one inch higher than the fronts

And now for some pictures

EibACH INSTALL.jpg

EibCH LEVEL.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah I wasn't too happy with that date so I looked around asked a friend of mine who does all this business with this particular shop to give them a try.

Soooooo will the Eibach kit fit on a RWD Ranger???? HELL YEAH!!!

But there is a caveat. And it's not the front shocks It is the Rears. Apparently the mounting bushing on the Ranger is larger than the E box. But the shop was able to fit another bushing in there that fit. So this guinea pig is happy to tell you all have no fear when it comes to the Eibach Pro lift Kit. I did not use the Eibach springs. Because those Springs would force me into a 3-inch lift which means I'd have to put a block in the back to level. So they use the stock Springs and I got my 2.25 inch lift. and now for the best part. The ride has been improved dramatically I tested it out on some speed bumps and some rough roads and it just sucks up the pavement like nothing else. The labor cost was $340. Including alignment.

Now I know ride quality is subjective. But my ass tells me this is a much better ride than the stock shocks. I just felt better using the shocks over the spacer especially after Ford screwed up my front end and had it clunking.These guys said they found some other stuff they didn't do. I tipped the tech 20 bucks. I will be going back there for oil changes so they can check the alignment again make sure everything is holding.

And now for some pictures

EibACH INSTALL.jpg

EibCH LEVEL.jpg

That looks really good Tom,glad everything fit. I never thought the ride was that bad on mine stock but it does soak up the bumps better now with the front level kit. We were out in the desert a few days ago after some rain and the trail was hard packed sand with a lot of washboards and it went over them real smooth.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That looks really good Tom,glad everything fit. I never thought the ride was that bad on mine stock but it does soak up the bumps better now with the front level kit. We were out in the desert a few days ago after some rain and the trail was hard packed sand with a lot of washboards and it went over them real smooth.
I love the ride quality of the front and the back isn't too bad. I wanted a bit better damping in back but taking a chance on a rougher ride. Now that I read the rear shocks have an issue with the bushing, I'm going to have to send the order of rear shocks back or refuse delivery. My dealer was doing the install, oil change, recall and tow pkg. I don't want them to try and make a bushing fit nor would they have a bushing around that would fit. I actually kind of feel relieved I'm staying with the stock set up as I know what I have with ride quality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
yeah Dave, The ride is a lot better. I wasn't expecting the ride to be better. I I fully expected it to be a little stiffer but actually, it rides a better over ruts and bumps Very solid feeling. The ranger "bounce" is gone. Dampening is very good. Very very good.

I Included the caveat regarding the rear shock because they did have to mod the stock bushings in the rear but that's not as critical as the front. For anybody thinking about doing this I say go ahead and have it done it's well worth it. I spent a lot on tires and spacers and now shocks but the difference is worth the money spent. I would do it again.

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
That looks really good @SubVet! I’m really looking forward to putting mine on whenever it gets here. The height looks like it’s exactly what I was hoping for. I’m very happy to hear that it rides so smooth.

I wonder if the bushing issue only affects 2wd trucks or if it’s all of them. Do you know if they just used the factory bushing or something different?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That looks really good @SubVet! I’m really looking forward to putting mine on whenever it gets here. The height looks like it’s exactly what I was hoping for. I’m very happy to hear that it rides so smooth.

I wonder if the bushing issue only affects 2wd trucks or if it’s all of them. Do you know if they just used the factory bushing or something different?
It's actually a 4wd part so the bushing probably fits 4wd's and not 2wd.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

The Eibach bushing hole is slightly larger. So they must have used the stock bushing nd drilled out the center a tad to make it fit .....Just a rubber. bushing... Not a bearing. I'm glad he told me though. Most mechanics would not say a thing they just install it and not let you know.

and I was worried about the front. In fact, now that I think of it I believe they did use the Eibach bushing and drilled it out to make it fit tight. Eibach has not tried it on a two-wheel drive. Which is why I decided to take and roll the dice and get better shocks as well. I wish I knew I was going to do this before I spend all the money on a spacer. But you can't take it with you............................. Yes, you will notice a smoother ride. They are definitely better than stock shocks. I let them keep the spacers , Stock shocks and the Eibach springs. Just looking at the Eibachs front springs I know that the ride would be a lot stiffer with that spring in there at 3 in....I dropped 1/4" in front over the spacers and have exactly 1-inch difference between the front and the rear with the rear being one inch higher measured from the center cap to the fender

Last edited:

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Thanks for the info. I wanted to do this myself but I am not sure now that you told us about the bushing. =/

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I wanted to do this myself but I am not sure now that you told us about the bushing. =/
I didn't get too excited when he told me because it's just a bushing it's a rubber bushing. Drill the hole little bigger and you're good to go. anybody that installed this kit in 4WD probably wasn't told about that they just probably made it work. It wasn't a big deal the bushings are made out of rubber.

. Knowing this I would still do it again. It's not a Rube Goldberg thing it's just a matter of making the hole a little larger.

I doubt the four-wheel drive in a two-wheel drive or going to be that much different especially in the rear. As far as I'm concerned the Eibach Pro Lift kit works on a two-wheel drive

I think he told me about the bushing only because I told him that I was a guinea pig for the Forum and I wanted to give some feedback to The Forum on fitment on a two-wheel drive. That's when he told me about the bushing. Most shop techs wouldn't even tell you about it they would just do it to make it fit

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Same kit exactly for 4WD . It's advertised as a four wheel drive kit I seriously doubt they would be a different bushing for the four-wheel drive. If that was the case the bushing would have been in my kit. All they did it take the stock bushing and drill the center hole out a little larger. I'm talking about 32nds. Not a huge difference. This is the four wheel drive kit I put on my truck. Everything ended up fitting well. They don't make a kit for 2 wheel drive.

Too Much Ado About Nothing . As far as the rear bushings go. Any shop would do this But not any shop would tell you they did this I told him I was a guinea pig for this kit.
Sponsored