First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Runs a 1/2" higher on the 2x4. due to less frontal weight i would guess.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Runs a 1/2" higher on the 2x4. due to less frontal weight i would guess.
Oh, this makes some sense. I'm thinking about raising my front on my RWD and haven't noticed a huge visual difference between those who went .75 to 2.25 inches.

It didn't dawn on me to check if I'm looking at 4WD vs. rear only.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Same eibach part numbers as the 4wd shocks, unless thats what you were saying.

I plan to get these shocks. Anybody, have pics of the .75 lift setting?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Bumping this thread for visibility as I close in on this upgrade. RWD version on mine, and I don't want to second guess the adjustment. I saw another thread on the Eibachs and squinted at the before and after shots as far as visual changes with an eye on what towing is going to do. So, if putting the front adjustable shocks on a 2WD vs. 4WD might result in more lift up front due to weight and mechanics, it sounds like I 'should' be a little conservative in settings - and I don't want to go back in to re-adjust.

There's a three inch difference in wheel arch height front and rear, it seems half that will go a long way in making the compromise.

I'm reading some have elected around one inch while others have gone almost the full extension - which I don't know is wise if I'm using the truck as an actual truck.

If the 2WD experiences a little more lift with stock springs over the 4WD, I'm somewhere between 1.25 and 1.75 in my selection. Towing is the determining factor.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
With the Bilstiens, i chose the lowest setting. i was expecting about 1/2" of lift but saw the stock height 35.5", same as with the stock componants. i don't think you'll see much variation from the lift that's stated for the 4wd. i've got a FX2. Definatly do the upgrade though. for a so called off road suspension, the feel was jarring even over small bumps. truck pretty much soaks up the bumps now. i'm seeing the same 3" differential front to rear at the stock height.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I got the exact lift amount that eibach "estimated lift" stated. FX2 here. Agreed that you won't want to experiment and have to take it apart again to adjust lift. They do include 2 extra retainer clips in case you do though.
When you refer to towing, are you saying your conscious of tongue weight/rear sag?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I got the exact lift amount that eibach "estimated lift" stated. FX2 here. Agreed that you won't want to experiment and have to take it apart again to adjust lift. They do include 2 extra retainer clips in case you do though.
When you refer to towing, are you saying your conscious of tongue weight/rear sag?
Yes. Doubt I'll max it out, looking at 4500 lb at most on a trailer. I have a proper Class V hitch.
Sponsored