Eibach Pro Kit 2.0 vs Bilstein 6112

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Eibach Pro 2.0 Kit installed on my Ranger. I am looking at upgrading because, well, I can't leave well enough alone.

Is the Bilstein 6112 considered a step up? The shock body goes from 2" to 2.36" (60mm), which is very close to the coveted 2.5s. Also, the rear shocks have the bypass.

I don't want to swap out for the sake of swapping out, but there seems to be enough benefit but I'd like to hear what people think. Preferably, someone who has done it.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If you're happy with how it drives now then stick with what you got. If however there's room for improvement or there's something specific this set will do that your current dampers won't, then by all means go for it.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Unless your seeing fade when off-roading I don't think its worth it. Stick with what you have.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you truly want to upgrade you need to perform a lift over a level. In general the Eibachs and the Bilsteins are probably close to the same but the Bilsteins will probably outperform the Eibachs off-road.

For better results go to Old Man emu. Even though the Nitro Chargers are close to the same size of what you have they are designed for off-road and on-road combinations to give the best of both worlds. Even I wasn't disappointed for the time I had my truck

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
i’ve had both- its a lateral move. the rear is a different story- 5160s are so smooth.
Thank you. Good to know it’s not a worthwhile swap. I wish you could “try before you buy” suspension, but… that ain’t gonna happen.

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
no problem.
the one thing eibachs have is the ability to jack up the front and adjust the coilover on the truck. 6112 are still snap ring shocks.

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
i’ve had both- its a lateral move. the rear is a different story- 5160s are so smooth.

I am revisiting this for one reason, the Eibach have a spring rate of 550 while the 6112 have a spring rate of ~600 (from what I can find). With the weight of the bumper/winch I have on the truck, I find that the front bounces really low when going over obstacles off-road. I'd like a spring to handle the weight better.

I am considering two options:
  1. Replace the spring on the Eibach with something with a heavier rating. I have an email out to them about it right now. I'd have to pay someone to swap the spring on the Eibach.
  2. Replace the Eibach with Bilstein 6112.

I'm debating because I have to pull the front suspension no matter what. Cost vs. benefit of swapping / not swapping keeps me up at night.

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I am revisiting this for one reason, the Eibach have a spring rate of 550 while the 6112 have a spring rate of ~600 (from what I can find). With the weight of the bumper/winch I have on the truck, I find that the front bounces really low when going over obstacles off-road. I'd like a spring to handle the weight better.

I am considering two options:
  1. Replace the spring on the Eibach with something with a heavier rating. I have an email out to them about it right now. I'd have to pay someone to swap the spring on the Eibach.
  2. Replace the Eibach with Bilstein 6112.

I'm debating because I have to pull the front suspension no matter what. Cost vs. benefit of swapping / not swapping keeps me up at night.
i have a new in box pair of 14” 600lb coils from my tacoma. those would get you fixed. i have an ad up

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
i have a new in box pair of 14” 600lb coils from my tacoma. those would get you fixed. i have an ad up
I'm stupid when it comes to how this all works. How do I make sure the 14" would fit? The Eibach have a lot of adjustment, so I can get it set to the right height, but I have no idea what the Eibach spring length is.

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I'm stupid when it comes to how this all works. How do I make sure the 14" would fit? The Eibach have a lot of adjustment, so I can get it set to the right height, but I have no idea what the Eibach spring length is.
the coil that comes on the eibach 2.0 is a standard 14”x3.0 coil.
if you need confirmation, just eibach. thats what i did.
Sponsored

Last edited: