First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
It's time to do my driveshaft lube again, and the Ford kit is a bit of a ripoff at $20, when you can buy the Ford PTFE lube in a 3oz tube for $16.

Does anyone know what the clamp size is? I'm just going to order a 10 pack of them from MCMaster Carr, and then I'll be set for the next several services. I'm away from the truck for a bit, or I'd go measure them.
Sponsored

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure about size, but I had an assortment kit of generic cv boot clamps and one of those worked fine when I did mine.

Reactions: TJC

chrisakz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Supercab XLT FX4
It's time to do my driveshaft lube again, and the Ford kit is a bit of a ripoff at $20, when you can buy the Ford PTFE lube in a 3oz tube for $16.

Does anyone know what the clamp size is? I'm just going to order a 10 pack of them from MCMaster Carr, and then I'll be set for the next several services. I'm away from the truck for a bit, or I'd go measure them.
It says it right on the clamp should be from factory an Oetiker SS clamp.. maximum ID is 51.5mm. I ordered these when I did mine https://www.mcmaster.com/product/5435K44
Sponsored