jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just brought the truck back in for a Works Package Treatment. I had them look at the seat again and they said they spend quite a while and used some materials on it. Said there was a TSB on the issue. We shall see if it officially fixed it.

tshrop

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Just brought the truck back in for a Works Package Treatment. I had them look at the seat again and they said they spend quite a while and used some materials on it. Said there was a TSB on the issue. We shall see if it officially fixed it.
see

FORD TSB 20-2171

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I've noticed the seat movement for about the past 2 months as well , thanks for posting the TSB

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I found I have a rattle from the pocket on the dash. I'll have to remove it and fix it. I don't fully trust good trim removal at dealers.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I used some 1” pieces of 3/4” heater hose and 2 hose clamps and did the seat tsb myself in 15 minutes. Works pretty well no more movement felt in the seat bottom.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Called the dealer and have an appointment for them to take a look at the seat. Will try to update after.
I read somewhere here months ago in another thread something about a bulletin on the seat issue, mine does it once and a while... just read a few entries up on this thread and one of the guys posted it! thx...I should bring it in.

I actually started getting a non-MIL light drivability issue BUT after talking to my contact at the stealership service I'm going to run it down to empty and try a new gas station. With all the covid office from home time I've had I doubt I've actually run it empty in close to 8 months! I'm only burning about 1/4 tank a week. Its just been an occasional hesitation from moderate to stopped. He also recommended checking the trans fluid level. We agreed its probably not likely that but we all know dealership prep is crap and at 21k miles I doubt its low, but we need to rule it out. Way easier if I do it rather than tie it up for the day there.

Last edited:

naydoozie

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2005 Ford Focus
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just noticed the same lateral seat 'click' on my way to work this morning. I looked underneath and noticed it sliding on the bar that the TSB addresses. Thanks for the info on the TSB, I'll roll it into an outstanding carrier bearing warranty issue.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Just noticed the same lateral seat 'click' on my way to work this morning. I looked underneath and noticed it sliding on the bar that the TSB addresses. Thanks for the info on the TSB, I'll roll it into an outstanding carrier bearing warranty issue.
Make sure they use the "approved high tech" hose clamps and a piece of new heater hose. They could use some old hose clamps and a piece of used heater hose from that 1986 Tempo they have out in the back lot !!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Sponsored