First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
How much fluid has everyone typically refilled after a pan drop, 4 or 5 quarts?
My dealer charged me for 8 quarts.

phanomenal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
So dealer told me they serviced my transmission. I asked if they changed my trans filter and they said no because there was no metal in my oil and thats the only time they would change it. Im pretty annoyed because i asked for the filter to be changed

phanomenal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Anyone know how a dealer would service the transmission without dropping the oil pan? I dont see a drain plug or anything

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Anyone know how a dealer would service the transmission without dropping the oil pan? I dont see a drain plug or anything
It is possible to change the transmission fluid in two different ways without removing the transmission pan. Way number one is to remove the fill plug and dipstick at the same time and use a suction tool to remove transmission fluid and then using a different similar tool to put fluid back in. Another method which is usually found upon by high mileage transmissions or a general motors automatics because they can't seem to hold up to anything is a fluid flush machine that would go in line with a transmission. Between those two I can promise the second one isn't even possible since there's no transmission fluid lines that are external on the 10 speed transmission of the Ford Ranger.

phanomenal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Hmm. I hope they did the sunction then because i kind of feel like they didnt do anything
Sponsored