First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Education
well that’s good to hear as it drives great. Especially anywhere from 40 - 85 mph. Truck loves going fast. But I mean when I stuck my head in there was like one of those old school alarm clocks. Or the beginning of the song “Time” by Pink Floyd.
2021 2200 miles. Drives fine no issues at all. But wanted to look under the hood with it running and what a racket. I’d imagine something is wrong? Vid is after it had been running 5 minutes and a couple min down the road.
Mine sounds the same. I don’t like the way is sounds on acceleration. I have 344k on my suburban and the engine sounds better. I’m told it’s normal operation. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
2021 2200 miles. Drives fine no issues at all. But wanted to look under the hood with it running and what a racket. I’d imagine something is wrong? Vid is after it had been running 5 minutes and a couple min down the road.
Sounds HORRID. Take it to dealer for diagnosis. I have 10K on my Ranger and have never heard anything so jarring except when I ran the procedure to prime the ABS ( to resolve mushy brake pedal).

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds HORRID. Take it to dealer for diagnosis. I have 10K on my Ranger and have never heard anything so jarring except when I ran the procedure to prime the ABS ( to resolve mushy brake pedal).
That's how most of the Rangers sound. Mine has sounded that way since I bought it, as has nearly every other Ranger I've come across - it quiets down once the whole engine is sufficiently warmed up, but it takes a while to get to that point.

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Its a feature ford added to remind you to hit the auto stop/start cancel button at the first light you get to
Sponsored