First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
This would be a great feature if it would "know" the fob was in there ... and not lock it when it was .... I'm sure it "knows that, cause of the double honk thing ... :blush:
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It would be cool if Ford make the app to let you know the truck is unlocked while being off and parked... I'd enable that feature.
Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but the app shows what the lock status is right on the Home/Start screen. Right now it's unlocked in my locked garage Pressing the "Locked" padlock locks the truck and shows it
IMG_1E9A2B441A63-1.jpeg
IMG_0378.png

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
the people that do this in my condo parking lot at 2am.....need to be shot.
like seriously. a couple rounds at least. one for every honk.
Really. When you hit the Lock button, the lights blink momentarily. Turn around and watch the frickn' vehicle when you press the remote.
My son lives near our high school, and on game nights, there is overflow parking on their street.
After a game, there are several manually activated panic alarms going off from people who can't find their vehicle in an 8-row parking lot or on two residential blocks. Wakes one or both small children up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Really. When you hit the Lock button, the lights blink momentarily. Turn around and watch the frickn' vehicle when you press the remote.
My son lives near our high school, and on game nights, there is overflow parking on their street.
After a game, there are several manually activated panic alarms going off from people who can't find their vehicle in an 8-row parking lot or on two residential blocks. Wakes one or both small children up.
Probably because most people hit the lock button twice so it beeps. They're probably to lazy to turn around and look for the blinking lights. :sunglasses:

When I get out to check my mail (my mailbox is at the end of my street) I only shut the door to the first click, it won't double honk if it's not closed all the way.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Probably because most people hit the lock button twice so it beeps. They're probably to lazy to turn around and look for the blinking lights. :sunglasses:

When I get out to check my mail (my mailbox is at the end of my street) I only shut the door to the first click, it won't double honk if it's not closed all the way.
My Flex had not-so-Intelligent Access. If I left the fob in the car, it wouldn't double honk when running while exiting. I could also lock the car, running or not, with the fob in it using the touchpad on the door post.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you have any home automation, but my family has mainly Apple devices and I've setup a program called HomeBridge that allows non-HomeKit compatible devices to operate along with it. Someone has been able to configure a plugin to access the Ford API and allow me to lock/unlock and remote start our vehicles by asking Siri.

Homebridge / GitHub - Brandawg93/homebridge-fordpass: Control your Ford vehicle in HomeKit using Homebridge.

There is also someone who has written a custom Shortcut for the Apple Shortcuts app that can perform the functions of FordPass as well. This way you can schedule automations to auto-lock your vehicle at a certain time.

FordPass Siri Shortcuts | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
I tried to get the Ford pass Siri shortcut set up. I kept getting error messages but it might be on a fix for that because somebody else had posted the same issue. The only thing I got working was the location of my vehicle. I kept trying to get it to start or lock but nothing would happen and then I got an email saying I was locked out of my account because of too many login attempts. Saturday evening after 7 PM when this happened. So I deleted my vehicle from Ford pass and reinstalled it which also gave me back all my points Play and I had to re-download something that took about a half an hour and I was good it works fine now. Where I got the email from would not let me log on.
Do you guys know what my problem I have been please let me know. Thank you.

Here's the email I got...

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.30.40 AM.png

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
Dave, I always lock after shutting down the truck and never noticed the locking feature. Also as you mentioned would be great for double checking. Just looked at FordPass and looks like the two padlock icons between the start icon? Any limitations as to the distance needed to engage it?

When i bought my truck a few months back the dealership rep that was going over the new truck with me and all its features told me that there is NO limitation on distance with the fordpass locking/starting function. She said that you could do it anywhere via cellular device world wide. I will never test that theory "world wide" but i do know for a FACT that it works over 200 mi away, so im assuming if you have cellular data etc it will work.

It does take "x" amount of time to connect and start/lock the vehicle. Just depends on connection. Sometimes its 5 seconds, sometimes 15. Sometimes it doesnt seem to connect at all. but lik e95% of the time it conncets and starts my truck. Honestly a bad ass feature, i love it and use it every day.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but the app shows what the lock status is right on the Home/Start screen. Right now it's unlocked in my locked garage Pressing the "Locked" padlock locks the truck and shows it
Try this as a test...close out ford app. When you get home, don't lock your truck and wait outside watching your truck for 10 mins or so (... so i can't be responsible for your stolen truck... :p) and check the app. It wont say if its locked or not.

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
IMG_1E9A2B441A63-1.jpeg
IMG_0378.png
No. That check mark only appears for 10 seconds after you press and hold the unlock or lock icons in the app. Once that check mark disappears after 10 seconds, there is no indication if the vehicle is unlocked or locked using the FordPass app (even if you close and re-open the app). At least this is what I experience with FordPass and my 2019 Ranger. Maybe it is different with the 2020/2021 vehicles?

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
I sat up the Siri shortcuts so if I think I forgot to lock it I can just ask Siri if my truck is locked, and lock it if it isn't. But I almost never forget to lock it. You can also set a automation script to run the lock shortcut at a given time, say 10PM.
I used to consider myself computer savvy, but someone who runs Macs needs to walk me through all this, what's needed and how to set it up.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
No. That check mark only appears for 10 seconds after you press and hold the unlock or lock icons in the app. Once that check mark disappears after 10 seconds, there is no indication if the vehicle is unlocked or locked using the FordPass app (even if you close and re-open the app). At least this is what I experience with FordPass and my 2019 Ranger. Maybe it is different with the 2020/2021 vehicles?
So press the lock icon again, and the checkmark reappears.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Try this as a test...close out ford app. When you get home, don't lock your truck and wait outside watching your truck for 10 mins or so (... so i can't be responsible for your stolen truck... :p) and check the app. It wont say if its locked or not.
So push the lock icon, then it will.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Of course you can just re lock it, but that’s different from it reporting the current lock status.
I suppose Ford could put lock status either on the home screen or the vehicle status screen, but I don't think it is a big deal to hit the lock icon if I'm unsure. The app loads & responds slow enough as it is. I understand why, but adding another stream of 1's & 0's would likely slow it down more.
Sponsored