Do I need resistors for front turn signals?

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I have an XLT and it appears the rear turn signals are LED. I have read that I need resistors if swapping to LED turn signals but if I already have half LED's do I still need resistors to add the fronts?

Thanks!
Dave
Sponsored

OP
OP
deeve

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Mods, this should have been in the lighting section. I apologize for that.

Thanks!
Dave

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
To answer the question strictly, yes, you need resistors.

The better way to solve this is to use Forscan to disable hyperblink.

Note that the hyperblinking is artificial. It has normal timing at the turn signal, but your indicator in the cabin will be blinking fast.

OP
OP
deeve

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Thanks....that's kinda odd on the blinking. The hyperlink only occurs one all 4 turn signals are LED?

Caluke

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive tech
Thanks....that's kinda odd on the blinking. The hyperlink only occurs one all 4 turn signals are LED?
The factory setting on the BCM only monitors the front turn signal bulbs as they are incandescent from the factory. LED should last the lifetime of the vehicle so no need for the BCM to check if they are burned out. LED’s draw such a low amount of current that it is difficult for the BCM to monitor. So on XLT and Lariat trims the factory BCM setting only monitors the front lights but not the rears. When you install an LED bulb up front the current draw is so minimal the BCM assumes the bulb is burned out and hyperblinks. I would avoid a resistor, and go the FORScan route. Many more option with FORScan also. Hope this helps.
Sponsored