Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
It stays on for 1-2 hours after the truck is turned off (same as interior sockets). You can change that in Forscan to turn off immediately.

I have also heard (I need to independently test this) that the battery charge controller will shut off aux power ports when the battery gets to 11v. To avoid draining it. (Perhaps I'll test this over the weekend)
Sponsored

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
It stays on for 1-2 hours after the truck is turned off (same as interior sockets). You can change that in Forscan to turn off immediately.

I have also heard (I need to independently test this) that the battery charge controller will shut off aux power ports when the battery gets to 11v. To avoid draining it. (Perhaps I'll test this over the weekend)
good info thanks.

looks like another reason to get forscan

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Yes, I suppose it is, but readily available so you can make a wire for anything you want. I ordered the plug with a 3ft pigtail which I'll put a plug for my RC model battery charger on so I'll be able to charge my batteries at the flying field on the tailgate instead of inside the cab (much safer)...

You can also order the cable he has with a power socket which gives you a standard power outlet.
Thanks for posting that source I'm ordering one and I'm wiring it to this outlet that I'm installing on the end of my drivers side carpet kit. With this system I can easily disconnect the power, take out the carpet kit and carry large items.
Screenshot_20200315-174807_Amazon Shopping(1).jpg

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
First, thanks for figuring this out. I run a fridge in the rear of my truck and find that over rough road/trail the standard cigarette style plugs like to work their way loose. I went on to amazon and ordered a 5 pack of Anderson style plugs and installed one of those into the rear of the truck. I ordered the pigtail and cut off the socket then attached wires to extend the reach. I fished the wires through an existing hole on the bed and soldered on the Anderson plus. Now I can attach anything I want since I have a bunch of plugs. Will probably make a cigarette socket adapter and then need to switch the fridge power to an Anderson style plug. Haven't decided on final placement of the plug but have plenty of wire to adjust the mounting point.

20200307_124846.jpg

20200307_124917.jpg

20200307_142031.jpg

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting that source I'm ordering one and I'm wiring it to this outlet that I'm installing on the end of my drivers side carpet kit. With this system I can easily disconnect the power, take out the carpet kit and carry large items.
Screenshot_20200315-174807_Amazon Shopping(1).jpg
Do you have an item number or name for this ?

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have an item number or name for this ?
Ginsco Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter 12V Dual USB 2A/1A Charger Power Adapter Outlet for Car Boat Marine Motorcycle Scooter RV DIY Kit (Black)

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Ginsco Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter 12V Dual USB 2A/1A Charger Power Adapter Outlet for Car Boat Marine Motorcycle Scooter RV DIY Kit (Black)
Screenshot_20200401-150459_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I was also able to install the Wolfhaus 12v Outlet in my Ranger’s bed. It is expensive. The quality of the outlet, wiring and a 10 minute install time makes up for it.

it is extremely easy to install. I have had some health issues that limit my endurance, flexibility and strength. However, don’t feel sorry for me, it is an opening to spend more time with my daughters and son working together. We get more time together and I get to feel like in some small way, I am teaching them about tools and how things work! Below are some pics of the outlet in the bed. I also included a pic of the install process with my daughters! Great time!

33EFED88-D29E-4979-A001-7059268ECE66.jpeg

3C49C50E-A21F-487A-B29E-A0EC8581E5EA.jpeg

E8138BDC-F4CE-40C1-BF7C-56C0FF8C3E23.jpeg

0D7C29E9-640D-4D6E-88BE-D0E9F73C5085.jpeg

A278488B-6F99-417C-BC7E-19D3D6A19C90.jpeg

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was also able to install the Wolfhaus 12v Outlet in my Ranger’s bed. It is expensive. The quality of the outlet, wiring and a 10 minute install time makes up for it.

it is extremely easy to install. I have had some health issues that limit my endurance, flexibility and strength. However, don’t feel sorry for me, it is an opening to spend more time with my daughters and son working together. We get more time together and I get to feel like in some small way, I am teaching them about tools and how things work! Below are some pics of the outlet in the bed. I also included a pic of the install process with my daughters! Great time!
Thanks! Glad you like it.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello WLFPIR8,

I did not realize you were on here. Yes, I like your use of an existing hole in the bed to mount your outlet. Being able to connect to the unused bed power is brilliant. Such a simple and Elegant solution.

I will be ordering another wire with a cigarette lighter outlet on it shortly.

one question, in the pack I received, I have an extra female connector to the wolfhaus outlet in my bed.

I’m not sure how to crimp or solder wires to the unused connector in my Wolfhaus shipment. Are there instructions you could point me to so I can take advantage of it?

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hello WLFPIR8,

I did not realize you were on here. Yes, I like your use of an existing hole in the bed to mount your outlet. Being able to connect to the unused bed power is brilliant. Such a simple and Elegant solution.

I will be ordering another wire with a cigarette lighter outlet on it shortly.

one question, in the pack I received, I have an extra female connector to the wolfhaus outlet in my bed.

I’m not sure how to crimp or solder wires to the unused connector in my Wolfhaus shipment. Are there instructions you could point me to so I can take advantage of it?

There are two solder cups marked 1 and 2 (looking into the end with the threads). pin 1 is + pin 2 is -. They are kinda a pain to solder. I use a pretty hot iron, and pre-load the cups with a small amount of solder and pre wet the wires before heating both cups and sticking in the wires. Don't dwell on the cups too long (just get the solder melted), as the plastic of the connector housing can get a little melty. It's fiber reinforced plastic, but 400+C temps can be a bit much for it. Oh, and the cups are meant for up to 14awg wire.
2020-04-11 08_28_51-Photos.png

Here's the order that the plug assembly is put together. The glue lined shrink wrap isn't required, but recommended.

2020-04-11 08_29_06-Photos.png

Otherwise, please msg me for contact info if you need more help.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HI Ethan,

Superb product....A very elegant solution in my opinion!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored