MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Should be around 240w. It’s a 20amp outlet @12v.
You need to check the watts it has.... I think the one inside is only 50 watts..... it might matter...

Could be I am thinking of an inverter. To use 110v like your house ....

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
You need to check the watts it has.... I think the one inside is only 50 watts..... it might matter...

Could be I am thinking of an inverter. To use 110v like your house ....
upload_2019-6-6_17-34-22.png
Inverter is 150 watts, 12v power point is 180watts/15 amps

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just confirmed that the bed socket is 20 amps which converts to 240w.
Also, this gives plenty of head room for my fridge. The max draw of the arb fridge when the compressor runs is 6 amps at 12v. Good to go!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Just confirmed that the bed socket is 20 amps which converts to 240w.
That is true, and they recommend not using 12 volt appliances over 15 amp rating. I'm sure there will be those that will try to max it 240w all the time and wonder why the 20 amp fuse keeps blowing.

Ranger Steve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Also, this gives plenty of head room for my fridge. The max draw of the arb fridge when the compressor runs is 6 amps at 12v. Good to go!

I see conflicting post. As like you I will be using this outlet for my ARB fridge. Do you know Is it powered all the time or only during ignition? Big deciding factor as I’ll want to keep the fridge cold while camped for a bit too

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see conflicting post. As like you I will be using this outlet for my ARB fridge. Do you know Is it powered all the time or only during ignition? Big deciding factor as I’ll want to keep the fridge cold while camped for a bit too
Should be no conflicts. The outlet is rated to 20amps and the max draw of the fridge is 6. The outlet is only live when the truck is running and it's never recommended to run these fridges off your stock battery. In my case, I'll be using a Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium to power the fridge when camped and their 100W solar briefcase to keep the battery charged if camped for more than a day.

If you're saying there's a conflict based on what MTRanger19 posted above, his screen shot references the 12v power point INSIDE the truck, not the auxiliary power point in the bed of the truck.

Last edited:

Ranger Steve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Should be no conflicts. The outlet is rated to 20amps and the max draw of the fridge is 6. The outlet is only live when the truck is running and it's never recommended to run these fridges off your stock battery. In my case, I'll be using a Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium to power the fridge when camped and their 100W solar briefcase to keep the battery charged if camped for more than a day.

If you're saying there's a conflict based on what MTRanger19 posted above, his screen shot references the 12v power point INSIDE the truck, not the auxiliary power point in the bed of the truck.
See photo below of why I mentioned I saw conflicting info. If it was hot all the time I would have no problem swapping the stock battery for a deep cycle one like I did ninth roast on my Jeep with enough AH to last a while without starting the vehicle. Looks like I’ll either need to wire my own outlet or do another means of power for camp like you are.

C9B134B0-E156-452F-8EB8-B555F8E48BE9.jpeg

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See photo below of why I mentioned I saw conflicting info. If it was hot all the time I would have no problem swapping the stock battery for a deep cycle one like I did ninth roast on my Jeep with enough AH to last a while without starting the vehicle. Looks like I’ll either need to wire my own outlet or do another means of power for camp like you are.

C9B134B0-E156-452F-8EB8-B555F8E48BE9.jpeg
Oh yea I gotcha. Well I don’t know why he’s saying it’s hot. I can positively 100% confirm that mine is only on when the truck is on. No question about it as I’ve tried different accessories and none of them got power when the truck was off.

Ranger Steve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Oh yea I gotcha. Well I don’t know why he’s saying it’s hot. I can positively 100% confirm that mine is only on when the truck is on. No question about it as I’ve tried different accessories and none of them got power when the truck was off.
Fair enough thanks!

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Just because the plug is rated at 20 amps doesn't mean that's what's available. I doubt any engineer would allow a plug to be used at its rated maximum - just sayin. 180W sounds likely.

EKSU

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 White Platinum
Just realized my drop in bed liner comes with 12v power in the bed. What are you all using it / planning on using it for?

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
Just installed one myself, and can confirm it is only energized when the truck is on
Sponsored