First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have the Hromee deflators and am VERY happy with them. $30 on Amazon.

I don't know that it would be worth the investment just for off roading, but what I use to inflate my tires is this Dewalt Flexvolt 2.5 Gallon Portable Air Compressor.

I have the tank full prior to heading out, and I think it only took 5 minutes or so (wasn't timing) to go from 25-38psi on all 4 tires.

It can also run nail guns and other small air tools. Fairly quiet as well. Not a ton of power though.

If your battery runs out and you don't have a spare, you'd have to wait for the battery to charge to finish though. (If you have the 110v plug in your truck, or other access to power) I have plenty of batteries already, so its a non-issue for me. Never used more than 1 battery, but I use the 9Ah batteries. I can do a more thorough analysis if anyone is interested.

I also heard someone recommend a nitrogen tank. Only disadvantage is having to pay to fill it after a few uses. Would be fast though.
Sponsored

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the link. I've been debating on which one to get and they will mostly be used for my Bronco which I'll take off road a lot more than my Ranger. Right now I'm using this and it works great for now. But it does get tiring kneeling down and having to hold the bleeder open while they deflate when it's hot out.
The Hromee kit comes with a similar gauge as well.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
But the Hromee gauge doesn't have a bleeder.

Also, I bought a digital gauge at Walmart that cost less than $5 and that I primarily use.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Also, I bought a digital gauge at Walmart that cost less than $5 and that I primarily use.
My Jayco gauge has a bleeder and is accurate so I'll continue to use that one. The reviews on the Hromee are really good and now have me thinking of trying them out. The only negative I saw was the gauge wasn't accurate. I should've bought the Staun when they were $75.00 but now they're $100.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)

It does have a bleeder, although since it only has the short hard plastic body, it would be a pain to use to bleed your tires. It's actually a really nice gauge, and accurate as well. I figured it would be a throw away gauge since I wasn't buying the kit for the gauge, but I actually like it a lot.

I wouldn't buy the kit just for the gauge or anything, but if you are getting the kit anyway, you don't need to go purchase a separate gauge unless you wanted digital or something fancy.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I finally got all the parts in for my 4-way air system. It is not exactly as the video though.

I am using a Viair 400P to feed the system, which uses a 1/4 inch nipple leaving the compressor. My manifold is a 1/4" nipple into 1/4 turn ball valve, into a T for the pressure gauge, then into a cross with 2 airlines and a Shrader Valve for a Staun Deflator.

The airline and hardware is where I altered mine. I used 6mm I.D. single wall, non-reinforced polyeurathane line rated to 97 psi. It uses quick connects made of plastic or metal. Cut it with any knife, slide into quick connect and done. To remove, push the black collar in, and the pipe comes right out. After multiple connections, trim back 1/4 inch of pipe if it gets damaged and good to go again.

Although not as durable as reinforced rubber hose, it should be more than adequate, provided it doesn't get walked on or otherwise abused. It is much smaller, lighter and just as flexible. It may not hold up, but that's where I am starting. For safety sake, I will also have the Viair hose and 5in1 inflator with me JIC this all blows up ;)

Retail is about $300 CDN for the manifold, connectors, 70' of air line and 4 tire quick connects.

8Ms2sOp.jpg

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I finally got all the parts in for my 4-way air system. It is not exactly as the video though.

I am using a Viair 400P to feed the system, which uses a 1/4 inch nipple leaving the compressor. My manifold is a 1/4" nipple into 1/4 turn ball valve, into a T for the pressure gauge, then into a cross with 2 airlines and a Shrader Valve for a Staun Deflator.

The airline and hardware is where I altered mine. I used 6mm I.D. single wall, non-reinforced polyeurathane line rated to 97 psi. It uses quick connects made of plastic or metal. Cut it with any knife, slide into quick connect and done. To remove, push the black collar in, and the pipe comes right out. After multiple connections, trim back 1/4 inch of pipe if it gets damaged and good to go again.

Although not as durable as reinforced rubber hose, it should be more than adequate, provided it doesn't get walked on or otherwise abused. It is much smaller, lighter and just as flexible. It may not hold up, but that's where I am starting. For safety sake, I will also have the Viair hose and 5in1 inflator with me JIC this all blows up ;)

Retail is about $300 CDN for the manifold, connectors, 70' of air line and 4 tire quick connects.

8Ms2sOp.jpg
How long does it take to air down four tires with a single Staun deflator ?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I am just putting it all together right now, so I'm not sure. It's also raining here, so I won't be testing it today.

To be honest the Staun were mostly bought for the inflation side. Put on the system as a blow-off valve in case I'm not paying attention and leave it running too long.

For deflating I can open the ball valve for the major of air flow, then close it and let a Staun regulate for the final setting.

The Staun are a bit of an experiment on this system, just like the poly hose. Play with it, see if or how well it works, then make adjustments for the next build.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
It depends on tire tire pressure before you screw them on and how low you have the Stauns set.

On my Jeep, by the time I walk around and install each one on a tire, the first one is nearly done. I start at 37-38 psi and the Stauns are set for 15 psi. So, the answer is, it depends...
Sponsored