Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 5 ft bed and I hate bending my rods into the truck bed. Anyone have any DIY rod holders for a truck bed they've built and can share?
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
On the quick reference guide that is in your glove box, the guys on the cover have fishing poles attached to suction cups stuck to the hood and roof. That's what I'd be building if I had this need. That said, you should be able to screw some kind of holder to the drop in bed liner if you got one.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
There are plenty of threaded holes throughout the bed that I'm sure you can fashion something up with. Maybe some pipe clamps or bent bar stock. I'm using said holes to put in a utility track using spray-painted superstrut. Similar mod as is done on a lot of Toyotas.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I'm using said holes to put in a utility track using spray-painted superstrut. Similar mod as is done on a lot of Toyotas.
Im looking at this too with some unistrut, My Frontier had it on all 3 sides from factory and it was great for tie downs or strapping gear in.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Im looking at this too with some unistrut, My Frontier had it on all 3 sides from factory and it was great for tie downs or strapping gear in.
I just made a rack from pvc pipe that sloped backwards at a 45 degree angle that held 6 saltwater rods and you could take it in and out but I just sold it...so I donā€™t have a pic..

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 5 ft bed and I hate bending my rods into the truck bed. Anyone have any DIY rod holders for a truck bed they've built and can share?
#10 screw gets a rod holder snug into the available threaded holes on each side near the tailgate..
I can only get one bolt in where the holder wants two but itā€™s pretty snug with one , and i keep a 6ā€ bungee near the rear tie down just in case
Gets me 2 rod holders for $5 a piece
Maybe Iā€™ll paint them, maybe i wonā€™t
It works for now, enough for me to move on to another project LOL
Iā€™m hoping i can keep this set up when i install the pivot cases (NEXT!) which will be a tackle box on one side and a roadside kit in the other

BE4B6C47-A0BD-42E7-8EA0-3FC29E122181.jpeg

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
In the past I've just used PVC pipe and angled them to sit over the tailgate. But if going straight up is what you wanna do just beware of going through the drive-thru, I lost 2 eyes on a rod, thankfully I had 2 smaller rods laying in the bed or It would've been a bad morning
Sponsored