First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I came across this DIY video for a good easy DIY 4 way tire inflator/deflator system. I wanted to do something like this for my Bronco because I'll be using it more for off roading than my Ranger but will come in handy for both. They already sell these pre done for $180 + through Speedflate and Morrflate for more than double the price. Depending on which connections and hose you use this one runs from $50-$90. All the parts are linked in the description and he has a good spread sheet at the end showing the time to air up and down 33" & 37" tires and the time savings from doing it manually one tire at a time which is about 13 minutes.

For those who just want to purchase a system like this and not be bothered making your own.

https://morrflate.com/shop/

https://www.speedflate.com/shop
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
The only 4 way air system I ever considered (but didn’t get) is the system that routes a stainless steel tubing to each wheel well where It terminates to a quick disconnect. You then connect a 3’ hose from the connection to the tire valve to air up or down.

Another option that I have been using for the last 7 years. $20 for a set. You can run over them and they still work, they will last forever. I can put them on each tire and if I had to move my vehicle I could. I could even drive 10 miles an hour and let the tires deflate as I moved up the trail If I was in a real hurry to get somewhere.

FAA30462-CFEA-4224-BEB2-849B2479E295.jpeg

These you can put them on and come back 10 minutes or an hour later and they stop deflating a tire at the set pressure. Somebody in your group doesn’t have any deflator, no problem it’s a simple screw on and remove when done. Nothing technical about it.

4 way air is super nice but that system has too many things I would have to carry around and keep control of. $70 vair air compressor and staun deflaters is the cheapie and mobile way to go (can use on any vehicle when out with your buddies).

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The only 4 way air system I ever considered (but didn’t get) is the system that routes a stainless steel tubing to each wheel well where It terminates to a quick disconnect. You then connect a 3’ hose from the connection to the tire valve to air up or down.

Another option that I have been using for the last 7 years. $20 for a set. You can run over them and they still work, they will last forever. I can put them on each tire and if I had to move my vehicle I could. I could even drive 10 miles an hour and let the tires deflate as I moved up the trail If I was in a real hurry to get somewhere.

These you can put them on and come back 10 minutes or an hour later and they stop deflating a tire at the set pressure. Somebody in your group doesn’t have any deflator, no problem it’s a simple screw on and remove when done. Nothing technical about it.

4 way air is super nice but that system has too many things I would have to carry around and keep control of. $70 vair air compressor and staun deflaters is the cheapie and mobile way to go (can use on any vehicle when out with your buddies).
I already have a Viair and was looking into getting the Staun deflators. With my Bronco I'm thinking of getting the ARB onboard compressor and this will come in handy. At the end of the video you can see that all this stuff wraps up into a small little bag that should fit in the seat back pouch. The Staun deflators are almost $80 now so comparable in price to this set up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QBPBLW...olid=1JZJN0W5WUIWA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I came across this DIY video for a good easy DIY 4 way tire inflator/deflator system. I wanted to do something like this for my Bronco because I'll be using it more for off roading than my Ranger but will come in handy for both. They already sell these pre done for $180 + through Speedflate and Morrflate for more than double the price. Depending on which connections and hose you use this one runs from $50-$90. All the parts are linked in the description and he has a good spread sheet at the end showing the time to air up and down 33" & 37" tires and the time savings from doing it manually one tire at a time which is about 13 minutes.

For those who just want to purchase a system like this and not be bothered making your own.

That's pretty slick!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's pretty slick!
Yeah I thought so too Mike! I guess if you're only going off road a couple times a year it might not be a big deal but if you're going out pretty regular it'll save you some time, and back pain. lol

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes indeed. And even if you only go offroad once a year and it's in BFE you'd need it. 1st year we went hunting in SD the Ranch owner put us on a varmint town that took us over an hour to get to driving across the prairie, hills, creeks all sorts of fun stuff. That wouldn't have been the time to have a low tire.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Looks pretty cool. I priced it out and it's closer to $120 and that's using the cheaper hose clamps and tire chucks. Also didn't have the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter or the bag. Looks like morrflate with thir gauge is $205 before shipping/tax so you still save a bit and get to customize the lengths.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I already have a Viair and was looking into getting the Staun deflators. With my Bronco I'm thinking of getting the ARB onboard compressor and this will come in handy. ....
ARB air is sweet! Your gonna like it and your gonna have friends (that park near you for fast fill ups).

I actually have the Boulder deflaters Now $37. But if I say Boulder deflaters nobody would know what I meant so easier to say Staun.
$37 Boulder set

you can even find less expensive ones that look 100% identical (most likely all made in the same place).
$20 set

@AzScorpion not intending to derail your thread. I like reading your stuff.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ARB air is sweet! Your gonna like it and your gonna have friends (that park near you for fast fill ups).

I actually have the Boulder deflaters Now $37. But if I say Boulder deflaters nobody would know what I meant so easier to say Staun.
$37 Boulder set

you can even find less expensive ones that look 100% identical (most likely all made in the same place).
$20 set

@AzScorpion not intending to derail your thread. I like reading your stuff.
Not a problem Joe I like learning about new different options. The Boulders have good reviews and might be worth picking up a set for that price as a back up. While I really like my Viair and it does inflate the tires quick IIRC the ARB is a DIO so getting it at invoice (Granger Ford Special) and having them instal it free is a huge bonus. I saw this video which makes airing up/down super quick especially in the hot desert sun and thought it would be useful out here.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired

Nice find! Definitely going to build a quad line.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Had CTIS on my H1 20+ years ago. What a nice feature to have if you do a lot of off-roading.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Another advantage to the Staun is that you can adjust them to lower the tire psi to whatever you want. Mine are set to 15 psi.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another advantage to the Staun is that you can adjust them to lower the tire psi to whatever you want. Mine are set to 15 psi.
These are on my list to get. I know there are some cheaper versions out there but everyone I know that has the Staun loves them! They've gone up some in price and it looks like Amazon is the only place you can really get them.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
These are on my list to get. I know there are some cheaper versions out there but everyone I know that has the Staun loves them! They've gone up some in price and it looks like Amazon is the only place you can really get them.
I know what you mean about the Staun lovers, but if like me you only go off-road a few times a months or less, these might be great too: Hromee Automatic Tire Deflators Kit
I got a lot for my money in that kit... Gosh, for that price you can even buy 2 or 3 kits and set them up at different pressures!

The caliper method worked great for me: set one up and adjust the other 3 at a similar length, then lock the rings tight.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I know what you mean about the Staun lovers, but if like me you only go off-road a few times a months or less, these might be great too: Hromee Automatic Tire Deflators Kit
I got a lot for my money in that kit... Gosh, for that price you can even buy 2 or 3 kits and set them up at different pressures!

The caliper method worked great for me: set one up and adjust the other 3 at a similar length, then lock the rings tight.
Thanks for the link. I've been debating on which one to get and they will mostly be used for my Bronco which I'll take off road a lot more than my Ranger. Right now I'm using this and it works great for now. But it does get tiring kneeling down and having to hold the bleeder open while they deflate when it's hot out.
Sponsored