Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing a few things this upcoming week:
-Fox 2.0 (with alignment)
-Toyo Open country M/T
-Ditch lights

My question is this:

Where should I mount my ditch light switch (temporarily)?

I've looked at the options and the lightforce panel is what I really want, but it's not easy to get in Canada affordably. Let's start with the starting price from lightforce is $120CAD, but they said they won't ship to me. The "local" seller 'high performance lighting' is near Vancouver and wants
$154 CAD plus GST (sure, $8 NBD). Then the cheapest shipping is $50. So I'm now looking at $204 in the end. I really can't justify that for a piece of plastic that would only should cost me $140 MAX. So in the meantime until I find a way to get one from lightforce...

Where would be some good spots to mount a switch temporarily. I can use double sided tape, but I don't want to cut any holes.

Cheers,
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Oh hell ya! I. Gonna order that. Way cheaper, looks just as good, and with three switches it's still cheaper by $30! Thanks man!
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I couldn’t be happier with it. I ordered a few blanks and an extra switch for an air compressor whenever I decide to get one installed. It took about a week to get to Oklahoma from Australia. Seemed like the longest wait was clearing customs.
B7068BC6-D327-4F37-896F-B5F6B837B147.jpeg

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I couldn’t be happier with it. I ordered a few blanks and an extra switch for an air compressor whenever I decide to get one installed. It took about a week to get to Oklahoma from Australia. Seemed like the longest wait was clearing customs.
Sick! I ordered it already. I got a light bar switch for my lights, a compressor switch and then a spare switch for something later (maybe an air locker for the front) and a blank. I'm stoked. Three switches and a holder for $170 CAD shipped! When the lightforce was $204 CAD with only one switch.

Aurumulas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4, 2015 Scion FRS, 1995 MX-5
Occupation
I solve problems.
Pretty neat. Is the USB port and voltage meter shown on the lightforce site something we can swap out for the cigarette lighter in this photo?

ford-ranger-fascia.jpg

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Pretty neat. Is the USB port and voltage meter shown on the lightforce site something we can swap out for the cigarette lighter in this photo?

ford-ranger-fascia.jpg
I'm sure you could. You would have to remove the fascia and see how the port is held in. But you could likely replace it with something like this:

Screenshot_20210403-214717_Google.jpg

Bel-Biv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Clean solution.
Watching for future acquisition.

OP
OP
DrizzyDrake

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I got mine and I notice the front can clip in, but the rear hooks have nowhere to go. What did you do?

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine and I notice the front can clip in, but the rear hooks have nowhere to go. What did you do?
The rear hooks go under the edge of the dash panel. It took a little bit of pressure to get mine to slide under the edge. Then you swing it up to clip in at the front. Mine took a little adjusting to get it just right but it does fit. These are the instructions I used. The pictures aren’t great but hopefully they help.

https://support.stedi.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360041311151-Ford-Fascia-Switch-Panel-Installation

AeroFox87

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL FX4
What ditch lights do you have? Do you have backlit ones? If so how did you wire the switch to ditch lights? Wired my stedi switch to my ss3 pros and only the backlit amber comes on and not the white. I noticed the original switch had a dual rocker type button wheras stedi only pushes in once and back out.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What ditch lights do you have? Do you have backlit ones? If so how did you wire the switch to ditch lights? Wired my stedi switch to my ss3 pros and only the backlit amber comes on and not the white. I noticed the original switch had a dual rocker type button wheras stedi only pushes in once and back out.
I do not have backlit lights. Mine lights JW Speaker Trail6.
Sponsored