First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Agreed. Mine was enabled on a 2021 XLT with tech package. Sounds a lot better with it off.
Was enabled on mine as well even though I really never noticed it until I disabled today. I have a 2021 Lariat Tremor. One unexpected change that happened when I disabled was that the chimes switched from the speakers to the dash, which I find kind of annoying.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Was enabled on mine as well even though I really never noticed it until I disabled today. I have a 2021 Lariat Tremor. One unexpected change that happened when I disabled was that the chimes switched from the speakers to the dash, which I find kind of annoying.

Random changes in Forscan will do that. It has something to do with the BCM module not being fully loaded when the system initiates the chime and defaults to the cluster speaker. Most of the time the chimes will revert back to the door speakers after a few key start/stop cycles. If it still does not revert back you can reset it by pressing and holding the left side OK button on the wheel while starting the truck, keep holding the Ok button for a few seconds after starting. At this point the chime should switch from internal speaker back to the stereos speakers. I have had to do this a couple times when I made multiple changes in the BCM and the chime switched and would not revert on its own.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Random changes in Forscan will do that. It has something to do with the BCM module not being fully loaded when the system initiates the chime and defaults to the cluster speaker. Most of the time the chimes will revert back to the door speakers after a few key start/stop cycles. If it still does not revert back you can reset it by pressing and holding the left side OK button on the wheel while starting the truck, keep holding the Ok button for a few seconds after starting. At this point the chime should switch from internal speaker back to the stereos speakers. I have had to do this a couple times when I made multiple changes in the BCM and the chime switched and would not revert on its own.
Yep, it reset itself by the next morning. Good to know the reset procedure. Thanks!
Sponsored