Diamondback Covers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Turbomachinery Engineer
Men,
FYI - just ordered my Diamondback SE Black from Tonneau Covers World.com. Free shipping and negotiated a 10% discount when I mentioned Ranger5G forum. I love this 5G community!

I deliberated between a hard roll up and the hard retractable. But the Diamondback SE had stellar reviews everywhere I looked. You guys helped my decision too. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Randy2400h

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I am leaning more and more towards a Diamondback cover for the bed, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and running a bed extender at the same time. It looks like the center crossmember of the diamondback goes right in the middle of the bed, so it will be cutting it close, but if both could be ran at the same time it looks like I will have made my decision.

Any insight is appreciated!
Just get yourself a hitch mounted bed extender. I recommend the Yakima because it is very sturdy and lightweight, so it’s easy to store on a wall in your garage.

6B76D4AB-BB32-41A1-845E-187749DD86BA.jpeg

6D63F3E3-0556-48D4-9350-59FA0EFF141B.jpeg

Hubcap91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Now that some of you have had the cover for a while are you still happy with it? I'm pondering getting the HD.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Now that some of you have had the cover for a while are you still happy with it? I'm pondering getting the HD.
Hellyaaaaa...
dXZrK1i.jpg

Unless you're going to carry an ATV on top, SE is all you need...

OP
OP
Randy2400h

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the HD cover on for over 6 months now. It’s by far the best cover I’ve ever had. Still looks, functions, and seals like brand new. I’ve had it buried in a snow-ice mix and had zero issues getting it open. The black LineX finish makes it easier to touch when it’s blazing hot outside (believe it or not) because the finish is so porous that your fingers aren’t pressing against a hot flat surface (i.e. less heat transfer from the metal cover to your hand). The durability of the LineX coating is bulletproof. It is a superior product in every way.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Love mine, keeps everything very secure and dry.

Hubcap91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I like the extra tie down cleats. I know I could add them myself for about $100 but for me having the extra capability is worth $300. I don't plan on putting an atv on it now but who knows what I'll do a couple years down the road.

BogeyMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Looking for experiences with the Diamondback bed covers. I have a new Ranger and was looking at this as a way to keep gear dry and secure. I plan on keeping this Ranger for quite some time and am curious about how these covers last. I previously had a Bakflip on my F-150 and after only 4 years it did not hold up well. Seals were cracking, latches loosened and the actual cover was dented by acorns falling out of a tree. The finish also faded dramatically quickly after purchase.

thanks all,
-M

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Matt...I have an SE installed on mine...love it. Installed alone in less than 30 minutes. Solid and practically bullet proof. Not %100 waterproof through car wash but only minor leaks. What do you want to know?

BogeyMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Aw
Hi Matt...I have an SE installed on mine...love it. Installed alone in less than 30 minutes. Solid and practically bullet proof. Not %100 waterproof through car wash but only minor leaks. What do you want to know?
Awesome. Thanks for replying...

I figured some water would get in around the tailgate in heavy rain or car washes. You’re likely not finding it to be a big deal, correct? Also, do you find the panels easy to open and close? Have you had to remove/re-I stall to use the entire bed? I have a trailer that I tow ATVs on so would likely use that vs uninstalling the cover. How did you like the large seal on the bulkhead drop vs the bed rails? Seem to work well? Thanks!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Aw

I figured some water would get in around the tailgate in heavy rain or car washes. You’re likely not finding it to be a big deal, correct? Also, do you find the panels easy to open and close? Have you had to remove/re-I stall to use the entire bed? I have a trailer that I tow ATVs on so would likely use that vs uninstalling the cover. How did you like the large seal on the bulkhead drop vs the bed rails? Seem to work well? Thanks!
It’s pretty much waterproof, the tailgate gaps that exist on the Ranger causes water to enter the bed, the Diamondback is not at fault.

If you get it sprayed with bedliner, it shouldn't fade for long time. Also the customer support is fantastic, the "lifetime warranty" means it will get fixed for free.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Aw

Water that gets in after a car wash is a few sprinkles...I have a bed liner which is ridged and there's a few tea spoons of water that end up at the bottom. I've not taken off my cover so can't elaborate on that. The seals at the front is pretty thick and when it's hot out, the two seals combined will stick to each other requiring a bit of wiggle to lift them apart. Then there's the safety catch on the front panel which prevents it from flying open when caught by the wind if not locked down. I just slide my hand in after partially opening to lift the catch bar. Both panels are easy to open and close. The only issue I have is the front can only be opened from the driver's side because the latch is biased to that side. Not a big deal. I love the fact that I can place my lawn chair up there and watch a race at the track from a higher vantage point.

Hubcap91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Got my HD put on today. Anyone else have problems with the drop-in bedliner? I had to trim it some to install the clamps.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got my HD put on today. Anyone else have problems with the drop-in bedliner? I had to trim it some to install the clamps.
Not at all...where did you trim?