Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Added power locks to my DiamondBack.

Started with OEM Ford lever type lock actuators. Cut the rebound buffer out of the actuator so the lever would stay where it stopped rather than bounce back to its mid-point.

Built a bracket for the actuator, added a couple op-rods and a turn crank to move the lock itself.

For the lock itself, I used a hinge that is dropped onto the DiamondBack cross rod and a 3/8" shaft collar. When locked, the hinge rests on the cross rod and the shaft collar prevents the rod from moving.

Grabbed lock power from the tailgate disconnect plug. Found a Harley Davidson plug/socket that mates up to the Ford plug and socket so no hack/slash of the original wiring. Routed the wiring, along with 12Vdc for the lights into the bed through an oval rubber plug on the side of the bed.

May make an adjustment or two, and add a protective cover, but pleased with the result.

20200623_203344.jpg

20200623_203414.jpg

20200623_203428.jpg
Sponsored

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
Thanks for sharing. Very useful mod. Not sure those of us who are mod-challenged could implement this, but those are exactly the features I'd like to have on the DB.

It might be useful to document the steps and parts (actuator, bracket, HD) in order to follow your lead.