Diamondback 270 Bedcover

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
Has anyone purchased a Diamondback bed cover?

I bow hunt a lot and am looking for a way to secure my bow and other hunting stuff securely. Diamondback seems to be sturdy and secure. Also seems like it won't leak...thick gasket.

They have one cover that you can put an ATV with approach from the side...larger trucks can take a rear loading ATV or two or a side by side.

I think I like the 270 the best and would probably get the trays to put under the smaller doors.

If you have one please post a pic or send me a private message.

Can you open the tailgate without lifting the bedcover??
Sponsored

OP
OP

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
Has anyone purchased a Diamondback bed cover?

I bow hunt a lot and am looking for a way to secure my bow and other hunting stuff securely. Diamondback seems to be sturdy and secure. Also seems like it won't leak...thick gasket.

They have one cover that you can put an ATV with approach from the side...larger trucks can take a rear loading ATV or two or a side by side.

I think I like the 270 the best and would probably get the trays to put under the smaller doors.

If you have one please post a pic or send me a private message.

Can you open the tailgate without lifting the bedcover??

Buehler? Buehler?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You can open the tailgate without opening the cover. 99% of the time my cover stays closed unless I need access to the cab-side tool box.

EDIT: the 270 cover has a weight rating of only 400 lbs, is that enough for an ATV? The HD cover has a 1,400 lbs rating.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Diamondback HD cover. I can’t say enough good things about it. I haven’t put an ATVs on it but I’ve put some loads greater than 400lbs on it, and it didn’t phase it one bit. I have the larger of the two crossbins (Toolboxes) offered for the front half of the bed, it is very useful. The cover seals very well. After I got the Extang tailgate seal installed, I now have virtually zero water/dirt making its way into my bed. I’m actually about to switch to a BedRug because my bed stays so clean even after traveling down dusty roads.

If they had offered the 270 in an HD version I may have gone for that, but the 180 with the HD capabilities is suiting me very nicely. I can throw a lot of weight at this thing and know that it’ll hold up. At some point I will find a suitable way to install a semi-quick detachable rooftop tent onto the cover. I knew that with my weight (205) plus my wife (115), and the tent itself (170), that we were already pushing 490lbs before adding any sleeping gear, kids, or dogs inside.

Last edited:
OP
OP

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
Can you post some pics? on truck, opened up, close up of extang tailgate seal, and a load on the top if you have one. I'm leaning toward the Diamondback, but will probably never camp on top of it.
I like the durability and security of the diamondback. I want to ensure to keep out water, dirt, thieves, and prying eyes.
I also like the idea of the storage bin up front to keep things from moving around.

I'd like to keep my bow (in case) and other archery gear secured inside, so I'd probably have to get the deeper model bin.
I was concerned about something stored on top of the cover hitting the window. I saw that attachment that you can add, but not sure I like it on there long term. I also like the idea of being able to open the tailgate without opening the cover.
Sponsored