Dean's 3D Printed Ignition Trim Ring Bezel (Build/Buy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I just want to thank all those who have ordered and have posted positive feedback.

Like so many others I am have been in social isolation for the past few weeks and for God knows how much longer. Orders have dropped only slightly but seem to be steadfast.
I guess folks have had more time to explore the web when they are home and that has helped offset things a bit.

I think what I find amazing is the people that are on the front line and are not really fully appreciated. It's the U.S. postal workers. Three times a week my only trip out is to the post office. It was interesting to see how they adapted this pandemic.

Initially they started wearing gloves. Then later on I would notice one or two of the workers wearing face masks. Then I started wearing gloves. Now all of them are wearing face mask and they got some handy man to build plexi-glass shields that are C-clamped the counters. To match, I come in with mask and gloves, if only to make them feel more comfortable.

But I still see some younger folks in line that seem to think this is all a joke.

Rest assured I am not going to ship anything if I come down with Corona-19.

I think this is all boils down to taking care of our elders and in this I am doing my part with my father who is 93.

In addition, if you go to your county's website you will find a place to donate your support...which I have done and I encourage you to do so.

Don't worry we are going to get through all this.
Sponsored

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered mine too. Thank you very much.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
sorry Im new and still trying to figure out how this all works- I lost track of where this is going so hopefully it went to the right place -- ordered the plain black one and it fits perfect! why ford didn't put this in there I don't know, it just makes it look a lot cleaner. thanks!

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just received it yesterday and installed it today. Popped right in and looks great. Ford should have done something.

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I just want to thank all those who have ordered and have posted positive feedback.

Like so many others I am have been in social isolation for the past few weeks and for God knows how much longer. Orders have dropped only slightly but seem to be steadfast.
I guess folks have had more time to explore the web when they are home and that has helped offset things a bit.

I think what I find amazing is the people that are on the front line and are not really fully appreciated. It's the U.S. postal workers. Three times a week my only trip out is to the post office. It was interesting to see how they adapted this pandemic.

Initially they started wearing gloves. Then later on I would notice one or two of the workers wearing face masks. Then I started wearing gloves. Now all of them are wearing face mask and they got some handy man to build plexi-glass shields that are C-clamped the counters. To match, I come in with mask and gloves, if only to make them feel more comfortable.

But I still see some younger folks in line that seem to think this is all a joke.

Rest assured I am not going to ship anything if I come down with Corona-19.

I think this is all boils down to taking care of our elders and in this I am doing my part with my father who is 93.

In addition, if you go to your county's website you will find a place to donate your support...which I have done and I encourage you to do so.

Don't worry we are going to get through all this.
Can you post the link to your ebay or let me know your seller name so I can determine if the product I ordered is yours? I am anxious and excited to order this product. Seems like everybody loves them!

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Ordered a glow-in-the-dark one. Thanks for making the effort to produce this silly little part that's been irritating me since I got my Ranger. I've bought enough random 3d printed do-dads over the years that maybe I should buy my own printer by now.

Crazymonkey96

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Radiographer
@Dean have you thought about maybe printing words on it that correspond to the key position? Kinda like this image?
images.jpeg

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Can you post the link to your ebay or let me know your seller name so I can determine if the product I ordered is yours? I am anxious and excited to order this product. Seems like everybody loves them!
I got mine a couple of weeks ago -- it fits great and makes it look a lot more finished. Its certainly worth ten bucks. Its just a plastic ring that's snaps in around the lock. I cannot imagine why ford didn't put it there in the first place.

LegacyRanger

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Just ordered my trim ring bezel (black) this weekend. Looking forward to it. It was my second purchase for the new ride with the first being TPMS valve stem caps from Advance Auto. Truck didn't even come with valve stem caps. Is it just me or is that weird? Dealership prob would've gave me some, but for $4 I didn't wanna drive back. haha.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my trim ring bezel (black) this weekend. Looking forward to it. It was my second purchase for the new ride with the first being TPMS valve stem caps from Advance Auto. Truck didn't even come with valve stem caps. Is it just me or is that weird? Dealership prob would've gave me some, but for $4 I didn't wanna drive back. haha.
Hi Gavin,

Sounds like the service tech set tire pressures and forgot to put the caps back on the valve stem.... hope he got the tire pressures set, but maybe he for got to do this also....best to check the tire pressures now!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
Just ordered a glow in the dark ring.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I just ordered a Glow in the Dark unit. Thank you Sir.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one. I have no clue why, but it bothers me there is the gap. I can't see the gap. I can't feel the gap. But once I learned about the gap it started bothering me and now I've ordered the trim ring. :LOL:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.