Dealer just told me Friday is the last day to order a 2022?

flatbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, F350
Anybody else able to confirm this or are they just trying to rush my order?
I said I would call them back Monday since I am pricing it through a few dealers and the manager said that any orders placed after Friday would be 2023 models? Just happened like 10 minutes ago.
Does this sound right?
Sponsored

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
I wouldn't doubt it. Ford just cut off orders for the Maverick and I can see them doing the same for Ranger and the like. If they are anything like what I see in the material handling industry, they are booked out a year or more in advance right now. Lead time on some of our stuff is more than 70 weeks.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Anybody else able to confirm this or are they just trying to rush my order?
I said I would call them back Monday since I am pricing it through a few dealers and the manager said that any orders placed after Friday would be 2023 models? Just happened like 10 minutes ago.
Does this sound right?
  • The only thing I've heard is that on Jan 27, Rangers will not be selected for scheduling.; this happens randomly and never an explanation.
  • No scheduled downtime for MAP in the near future, no word on '22 order cutoff/balance out.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
  • The only thing I've heard is that on Jan 27, Rangers will not be selected for scheduling.; this happens randomly and never an explanation.
  • No scheduled downtime for MAP in the near future, no word on '22 order cutoff/balance out.
Guess we will see what happens on the 27th. Hoping for a quick turnaround with my order yesterday lol

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Seems kind of odd that they would stop 22's after 1/27. Hell they just started building them last month and some of us here placed orders around that time and have a production date for first week of March or earlier.

If this is the case then what a handful of 22 Rangers made and thats it?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I think this chip shortage has sucked the life out of the entire auto industry in the United States. I just wonder when the chip manufacturers will be able to catch up.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
As I have also had a Bronco on reserve and order since 7-2020....I am going to take a stab at this and guess that the MAP Plant is going to focus more on producing Broncos in 2022 and far less Rangers. It seems very early to cut off Ranger orders...but...if they have a lot of orders already and take into account the Bronco build priority...it's possible.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Seems kind of odd that they would stop 22's after 1/27. Hell they just started building them last month and some of us here placed orders around that time and have a production date for first week of March or earlier.

If this is the case then what a handful of 22 Rangers made and thats it?
Could be rebadged 21’s that needed modules and have sat on storage lots for 8 months ?

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
MAP has a maximum capacity of roughly 420,000 units per year, they produce both the Ranger and Bronco say the split is 60/40 Ranger/Bronco respectively 250,000 Ranger to 170,000 Bronco's I could see Ford running out of capacity early. There is very high demand for both products, I would not doubt that they may divert some production but it wouldn't be this year as neither of the plants that have capacity are setup for body of frame, unless Ford does some major renovations to the Ohio facility.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
As I have also had a Bronco on reserve and order since 7-2020....I am going to take a stab at this and guess that the MAP Plant is going to focus more on producing Broncos in 2022 and far less Rangers. It seems very early to cut off Ranger orders...but...if they have a lot of orders already and take into account the Bronco build priority...it's possible.
Orders are processed as recieved, there is just very high demand for both models with only so many production hours possible.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Seems a bit strange that they would cut off orders this early. Didn't they just anounce the special splash packages which wouldn't be available till later in the year? I know limited quantity, but all the same...
Possible they are taking orders by quarter or something and they would resume in April.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
MAP has a maximum capacity of roughly 420,000 units per year, they produce both the Ranger and Bronco say the split is 60/40 Ranger/Bronco respectively 250,000 Ranger to 170,000 Bronco's I could see Ford running out of capacity early. There is very high demand for both products, I would not doubt that they may divert some production but it wouldn't be this year as neither of the plants that have capacity are setup for body of frame, unless Ford does some major renovations to the Ohio facility.
It's possible they are shifting the percentage to catch up on Broncos, but I wouldn't think they could reduce Ranger orders that much. I'd expect they have minimum amounts of material they are obligated to buy from their suppliers unless the computer chips or some other component is pure unobtanium and they are declaring force majeure like a lot of places did early in the pandemic.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Keep in mind the OP said his dealer said this. A lot of dealers are full of shit,i am not buying this rumor this early.

If this was July or August i could possibly think it true.Maybe i am wrong but it seems like fake news
Sponsored