De-badging

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Hmm, I want to put something in my tailgate's RANGER indented letters, but I dont want any chrome!! Everything else on my truck is black, magnetic, etc.. I dont want any chrome! Not sure what to get for that..

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
Not those stickers, but the first thing I do is remove the dealer's name sticker.
When I ordered the Ranger I told the salesman no dealer sticker and he said no problem. I plan to remind him a couple of days before arrival/delivery.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered the Ranger I told the salesman no dealer sticker and he said no problem. I plan to remind him a couple of days before arrival/delivery.
I told the dealer no stickers and there was one on the tailgate on delivery. I had to drive the truck back to their prep shop to have it removed. Then I took off the dealer advertising plate on the front and the dealer license frame on the back.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
I told the dealer no stickers and there was one on the tailgate on delivery. I had to drive the truck back to their prep shop to have it removed. Then I took off the dealer advertising plate on the front and the dealer license frame on the back.
Not good! Do you know Ford ships original license plate frames? I know in the configuration for my truck there was a no charge front plate line item.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Not good! Do you know Ford ships original license plate frames? I know in the configuration for my truck there was a no charge front plate line item.
The one from the factory is for those states that require a front plate be mounted.
It's just the holder, it's not an advertisement frame that dealers put on.

Reactions: Ric

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
Think of doing this with flat black on the Lightning Blue, can't decide if it would be too much contrast.
I would grab a roll of black vinyl electric tape and cut a few pieces to fill in a couple of letters. I would think it should come off with no residue. You can try it first on a tailgate side edge.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Is it possible to get the rear emblem off without breaking it? I'm replacing the chrome camera housing with a black one but want to reuse the standard emblem.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to get the rear emblem off without breaking it? I'm replacing the chrome camera housing with a black one but want to reuse the standard emblem.
You start by carefully prying the Ford oval with a trim removal tool. It looks like one assembly but the camera housing and Ford emblem are two separate pieces. Ford emblem is snapped on. Once you remove that, you will find two bolts that attach the camera oval to the lift gate. Remove the bolts and pull camera off.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Prying off the emblem will break the clips that hold it on. You'll have to reattach it with double sided heavy duty tape.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks, will give that a shot.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Prying off the emblem will break the clips that hold it on. You'll have to reattach it with double sided heavy duty tape.
Not necessarily...if done carefully. It's the only way to get to the bolts however so if it does break, buy another.

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just got these made. Not sure if I like them. Kinda weird that the “Ford” is not completely filled in and he couldn’t do the second inner (smaller) circle outline.

image.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Just got these made. Not sure if I like them. Kinda weird that the “Ford” is not completely filled in and he couldn’t do the second inner (smaller) circle outline.

image.jpg
They look great to me!