janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I am complaining but it was a thing on my mental check list to remove/mod when I first got it. But looking at the tailgate it is not there and I just washed it and didn't see it anywhere. Not sure if it is a normal thing now or the plant just missed putting it on.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Not that I am complaining but it was a thing on my mental check list to remove/mod when I first got it. But looking at the tailgate it is not there and I just washed it and didn't see it anywhere. Not sure if it is a normal thing now or the plant just missed putting it on.
Probably forgot to put it on. Guess less work for you :)

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
The 2020 XL STX had the emblem on it but the 2020 XLT FX4 does not. So it was sometime during 2020 that Ford stopped putting the Eco Boost emblem on.

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
I've noticed Ford removed a lot of small items going from my 2019 to my 2021. The one that upset me the most was the rear headrests. On my 19 they folded down to improve rear visibility. On my 21 they no longer fold and have to be removed.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
My 2021 did not come with one either.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
We figured it was mid to late 2020 that they stopped putting them on. About the same time the center bed tie downs stopped appearing and the front spindles went from aluminum to steel.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
We figured it was mid to late 2020 that they stopped putting them on. About the same time the center bed tie downs stopped appearing and the front spindles went from aluminum to steel.
That’s one question I did have, why did they go from aluminum to steel? Cheaper? Mine are steel.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
In 2019, I, along with a whole bunch of other Ranger owners were invited to meet with Ford engineers to discuss our Rangers. I had removed my ecoboost badge and one of the lead engineers remarked they were considering doing away with the badges as there didn’t seem to be a need to market ecoboost because everybody knows Fords have ecoboost.
Sponsored