De-badging

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Is anyone having the dealer remove the "4x4, FX4, etc. badging in the rear of the vehicle?
"We don't need no stinkin' badges!" :facepalm:

I removed the FX4 decals with a low setting on my heat gun.... they came right off. I thought the decal kinda clashed with the Saber color, plus I prefer a clean look. (although there are some pretty cool monochrome decals some of you have put on in place of the stock decals!)
I also removed the EcoBoost emblem with some dental tape (heavy duty floss). Just carefully use the floss like a "saw" and gently pull outward while moving the floss back and forth under the emblem. (this method prevents the potential breakage/bending if you just try to pry it off the foam-adhesive backing.)

IMG_6381.jpeg

I have "re-badged" in an inconspicuous place to pay homage to some of the mods and accessories on my truck. I'm sure there will be more in the future!

IMG_6363.jpeg

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
"We don't need no stinkin' badges!" :facepalm:

I removed the FX4 decals with a low setting on my heat gun.... they came right off. I thought the decal kinda clashed with the Saber color, plus I prefer a clean look. (although there are some pretty cool monochrome decals some of you have put on in place of the stock decals!)
I also removed the EcoBoost emblem with some dental tape (heavy duty floss). Just carefully use the floss like a "saw" and gently pull outward while moving the floss back and forth under the emblem. (this method prevents the potential breakage/bending if you just try to pry it off the foam-adhesive backing.)

IMG_6381.jpeg

I have "re-badged" in an inconspicuous place to pay homage to some of the mods and accessories on my truck. I'm sure there will be more in the future!

IMG_6363.jpeg
I like that! And that engine bay is SO clean!

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
In the old days before modern adhesives were developed (1970s and earlier), they actually drilled holes in the trunk lid and the name plates had pins that pushed into those holes. Buy a used car, and you could bet that the new dealer's plate's holes wouldn't match up with the old, so they would just cover the old holes up with the new plate (and new holes), but not fill them.
I remember those days as well! Let's be happy they are now stuck on!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Took the Ecoboost badge off today i snagged a microfiber cloth on it a few months ago and bent part of the leaf. tried to bend it back but it looked stupid so i just removed it. I used dental floss in a sawing motion with some 99% alcohol to help soften the adhesive up first. just worked slowly and then used a plastic razor blade to scrape the rest of the adhesive off keeping it wet with the alcohol.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Sorry if this is dumb question. Did anyone post how to remove the tailgate emblem and camera housing? Iā€™ve been staring at those blacked out Ford emblems, and pull the eBay lever this morning.

I joined the raptor grill club already, so I just need to know how to pop the tailgate badge and camera housing off.

apologies if itā€™s already been covered. And it may be stupid obvious is if was standing behind my truck. But Iā€™m not. Iā€™m here reading about what you fellas are doing to your trucks.

thanks!

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Nevermind. Figured it out. duh.

Riki Ranger

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Magnetic Gray, 501A, FX4
Occupation
Emergency Nurse Practitioner
I decided to add these bad boys! Matte black ford emblem on front and back!! Got them on eBay!
Hopefully they stay on! Used some plastic JB weld and some 3m dual sided tape to help keep the elements from seeping into the cracks!

A89CF26C-9F72-4338-96D5-AE5A4C180006.jpeg

3D96099B-D8B5-408D-9073-DB9E633FC346.jpeg

524AAB8E-EAA3-4345-9C50-A6035C97F0A1.jpeg

FBED0419-C83F-40D6-B8DD-EEC19997B158.jpeg

3CB45C5A-862F-47ED-B879-52793388F718.jpeg

This looks amazing! My truck arrives in 2-3 days. How did you put these on? Great job!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine in today! I go for subtlety. Installing the rear vinyl emblems tomorrow. If I don't dig the final, I'll grab the gloss black ABS plastic ones.

Has anyone ever bought parts from Rockauto.com? I go through them to get inexpensive parts like wiper blades, various filters, etc. and saw that they offer OEM emblems as well. At around $30 for the front, it seems reasonable enough to buy and have a whack at disassembling and painting myself. I haven't found rear yet because I don't have part # but I'd imagine they have it for a reasonable price.
When I painted the grille on my Lariat, it was just screwed together. Once all the screws are off, it just pulled apart in 3 pcs, but lookslike only the surround is painted on your's....not sure if there were any "clips", just make sure you get all the screws--they hide pretty good.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
See the thread I left
if you continue, I have a summary, but itā€™s pretty much slowly prying, while working around the entire emblem. Use a plastic tool so you donā€™t damage your paint, I even taped areas just Incase.

GOT SVT

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steelcitymusclecars.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2013 Boss 302
I did some on the bumper

IMG_20200615_130737.jpg

IMG_20200615_141008.jpg