BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Tuffskinz grille letters installed yesterday.

20191006_131256.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
That looks good! I was debating if the blue was not going to work on the blue truck itself.
Thanks. And they definitely work :) Tuffskinz labels these "Lightning Blue" and they're a perfect match.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
(Figured I'd move this here, had in wrong section sort of)....)...Decided to de-badge some stuff so tried a cheap experiment. I removed the front emblem and wrapped it in self healing headlight wrap. Didn't want to invest in one of those on ebay because not sure I'm keeping grill.
Came out pretty good. After trying twice to do it on the truck and failed, I got fed up and removed the whole emblem and did it on my bench. Your preference if you want lighter stuff. This darkness makes the chrome and blue disappear. Hard to get a decent picture.... excuse dust and finger prints.
You can read/order up on it here... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQRQ996/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
F_Emblem_Wrapped1.jpg
F_Emblem_Wrapped2.jpg
F_Emblem_Wrapped3.jpg

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
(Figured I'd move this here, had in wrong section sort of)....)...Decided to de-badge some stuff so tried a cheap experiment. I removed the front emblem and wrapped it in self healing headlight wrap. Didn't want to invest in one of those on ebay because not sure I'm keeping grill.
Came out pretty good. After trying twice to do it on the truck and failed, I got fed up and removed the whole emblem and did it on my bench. Your preference if you want lighter stuff. This darkness makes the chrome and blue disappear. Hard to get a decent picture.... excuse dust and finger prints.
You can read/order up on it here... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQRQ996/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
F_Emblem_Wrapped1.jpg
F_Emblem_Wrapped2.jpg
F_Emblem_Wrapped3.jpg
John,

Were you able to remove the emblem with out taking off the grill? If so, curious to how you did it (what tools you used, etc.)

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.... Just had to remove the top bolts holding the grill on so you can just pull it toward you a bit. Before that though, you have to remove both shrouds. Top and next one down. All you need to get emblem off is a small socket. The new chincy nuts hold the emblem onto a plastic stem behind grill.. So don't strip putting nuts back on. Put a dab of silicone on stem just to make sure nuts don't slip off. So, socket set, flat screwdriver, plastic removal tool and a lot of patience.Just basic tools... :whew:

I was able to take a snapshot from behind by sticking my phone in there. There are 2 of these nuts. I got a shot of the one side. Other side pretty much the same. $13 bux and scraped up hands and viola.... ;)

behindemblem800.jpg

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Another shot from behind towards middle....

behindemblem800_2.jpg

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yes.... Just had to remove the top bolts holding the grill on so you can just pull it toward you a bit. Before that though, you have to remove both shrouds. Top and next one down. All you need to get emblem off is a small socket. The new chincy nuts hold the emblem onto a plastic stem behind grill.. So don't strip putting nuts back on. Put a dab of silicone on stem just to make sure nuts don't slip off. So, socket set, flat screwdriver, plastic removal tool and a lot of patience.Just basic tools... :whew:

I was able to take a snapshot from behind by sticking my phone in there. There are 2 of these nuts. I got a shot of the one side. Other side pretty much the same. $13 bux and scraped up hands and viola.... ;)

behindemblem800.jpg
Awesome, thanks! I had previously tried to remove the grille, but after tearing up my knuckles on the radiator and dripping blood all over the place, I got frustrated, said "F" it, and put everything back together. Will attempt to just remove the emblem like you did, this time with mechanix gloves on... :like:

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Little more de-badging today. So long dealership lettering on the license plate frame. Since I'm a cheapskate and didnt want to spend the few bucks on a new black one, here it is. I probably could have just used a black sharpie or something, but instead I took my belt sander to it.
20191014_142345.jpg
20191014_142649.jpg
20191014_143000.jpg

Reactions: Ric

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Little more de-badging today. So long dealership lettering on the license plate frame. Since I'm a cheapskate and didnt want to spend the few bucks on a new black one, here it is. I probably could have just used a black sharpie or something, but instead I took my belt sander to it.
20191014_142345.jpg
20191014_142649.jpg
20191014_143000.jpg
That’s actually a pretty good idea! Who cares if it’s cheaper, it’s better than tossing it in the garbage and buying a new one!

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That’s actually a pretty good idea! Who cares if it’s cheaper, it’s better than tossing it in the garbage and buying a new one!
Thanks. It turned out pretty good. And who cares if the plastic that I just handled may or may not come with the following WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.......

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. It turned out pretty good. And who cares if the plastic that I just handled may or may not come with the following WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.......
Everything causes cancer in California.

I wouldn't worry.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
De-badge/Re-badge

20191005_101344.jpg
20191005_101408.jpg
Resized_20191005_094928.jpeg

Since I have the back appearance package on my oxford white Ranger I thought it ugly to have a chrome and blue oval in the middle of the grill. I will definitely order the white vinyl ranger letters to go up top of the grill.
What type of paint did you use?