Dash and console applique

TennRanger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX2 (Tennessee Ranger)
Occupation
Retired US Army (101st Airborne), Fleet Manager
Looks good. I saw that they make a piece that goes on top of the shifter too.
Sponsored

TennRanger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You all keep this up FORD is going to build a LINCOLN RANGER & charge double. :LOL: They are all nice.
Funny! I do have a Lincoln MKZ. Maybe Lincoln could call it the MKR. "R" for Ranger

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You all keep this up FORD is going to build a LINCOLN RANGER & charge double. :LOL: They are all nice.
Hi Larry,

Been there at Ford when we introduced the the world to the Blackwood Lincoln F150.... a premium Truck and it had premium appearance, but more importantly and unfortunately its poor sales was much of what the Blackwood Lincoln had over the Ford F150 was under the skin. Particularly the attention to sound deadening, ride and other NVH tuning options. Things the customer did not see, but if you owned one...it was wisper quiet. So what? If the customer does not see it...it is unappreciated. I spent much of my career in the realm of doing the unappreciated but making the vehicle more robust, quieter etc. Why? Because I internalized the improvements as I knew I did a good job that few would appreciate outside Ford..... Okay, now I reap the satisfaction when folks with older Rangers report their pleasure and lack of problems with their older Ranger Trucks! Means the work I did was worth it to have satisfied customers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Hi Larry,

Been there at Ford when we introduced the the world to the Blackwood Lincoln F150.... a premium Truck and it had premium appearance, but more importantly and unfortunately its poor sales was much of what the Blackwood Lincoln had over the Ford F150 was under the skin. Particularly the attention to sound deadening, ride and other NVH tuning options. Things the customer did not see, but if you owned one...it was wisper quiet. So what? If the customer does not see it...it is unappreciated. I spent much of my career in the realm of doing the unappreciated but making the vehicle more robust, quieter etc. Why? Because I internalized the improvements as I knew I did a good job that few would appreciate outside Ford..... Okay, now I reap the satisfaction when folks with older Rangers report their pleasure and lack of problems with their older Ranger Trucks! Means the work I did was worth it to have satisfied customers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
They also charged a pretty penny for all that stuffing.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Looks good. I saw that they make a piece that goes on top of the shifter too.
Thanks.
Fit is good on this piece and screen surround.
Yes the CD slot is a little odd but not terrible.
Was not sure how I liked the air bag covering. On the VW GTI forum everyone wanted the air bag warning covered as it was high on dash and centered. I am ok, but hope I am not missing any warning lights. Never understood why I needed to know that the airbag was off with no passenger. My 97 F150 had a key to turn off. Never used.
Fit is good. Similar to the others posted here. Someone said dash wood is real carbon. I find that hard to believe. Some models maybe but a Ranger? I do not plan to do shift area as gloss finish looks like it would get scratched easy. Maybe after many years if shift area gets damaged but I am normally good on interior. I did ceramic coat mine before install easier to clean and reduce scratching. 3 coats.

TennRanger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks.
Fit is good on this piece and screen surround.
Yes the CD slot is a little odd but not terrible.
Was not sure how I liked the air bag covering. On the VW GTI forum everyone wanted the air bag warning covered as it was high on dash and centered. I am ok, but hope I am not missing any warning lights. Never understood why I needed to know that the airbag was off with no passenger. My 97 F150 had a key to turn off. Never used.
Fit is good. Similar to the others posted here. Someone said dash wood is real carbon. I find that hard to believe. Some models maybe but a Ranger? I do not plan to do shift area as gloss finish looks like it would get scratched easy. Maybe after many years if shift area gets damaged but I am normally good on interior. I did ceramic coat mine before install easier to clean and reduce scratching. 3 coats.
I would've never thought of ceramic coating it. I'm going to look into doing that before I get my dash cover. It maybe after the new year. Thanks for the idea.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I would've never thought of ceramic coating it. I'm going to look into doing that before I get my dash cover. It maybe after the new year. Thanks for the idea.
Feels good to touch.
Any plastic especially glossy will scratch so maybe this helps a while. Should last being inside and not washed much like outside paint.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They also charged a pretty penny for all that stuffing.
Hi Pete,

Yep....knowing where to put this "stuffing" by testing and analysis is part of the price you pay for a premium vehicle.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Hi Pete,

Yep....knowing where to put this "stuffing" by testing and analysis is part of the price you pay for a premium vehicle.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
But, at the time people did not buy expensive trucks. Not like today. A truck before it’s time.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my email from B&I that my real carbon fiber kit has shipped!.....only took a bit over a week. Pretty excited to be getting it hopefully by the weekend.
For those that have done the install - how was it? Any tips/tricks? One issue for me may be that I am in Michigan and its pretty cold here - even in the garage - so that might be an issue?

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Just got my email from B&I that my real carbon fiber kit has shipped!.....only took a bit over a week. Pretty excited to be getting it hopefully by the weekend.
For those that have done the install - how was it? Any tips/tricks? One issue for me may be that I am in Michigan and its pretty cold here - even in the garage - so that might be an issue?
Alan, cold might be an issue. Clean area with alcohol wipes real good and make sure you put the adhesive promotor everywhere especially around the edges. Do an easy piece first ,then move up to harder piece and lightly stick it until you are happy with the alignment . Then firmly push it to complete adhere it. Good luck and enjoy the kit. Bret

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
At one time the Lariat trim came with the woodgrain appliqué. Here is my 2006 F-350 Lariat. The appliqué is also on the door handles and center console. FYI the optional integrated brake controller is in the lower right. It was an additional option to the optional tow package. Trust me on that I have a pic of the window sticker.

F-350 dash.jpg

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Alan, cold might be an issue. Clean area with alcohol wipes real good and make sure you put the adhesive promotor everywhere especially around the edges. Do an easy piece first ,then move up to harder piece and lightly stick it until you are happy with the alignment . Then firmly push it to complete adhere it. Good luck and enjoy the kit. Bret
Thanks Bret. Yep, I will be doing a thorough cleaning. I did read that the B&I Kit uses an adhesive that has built in promoter and a separate adhesive promoter is not included or necessary.
The cold though has me concerned.....
Are the pieces pretty forgiving as far as having to pick them/remove them for alignment purposes?

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Thanks Bret. Yep, I will be doing a thorough cleaning. I did read that the B&I Kit uses an adhesive that has built in promoter and a separate adhesive promoter is not included or necessary.
The cold though has me concerned.....
Are the pieces pretty forgiving as far as having to pick them/remove them for alignment purposes?
Mine all came with adhesion promotor as a seperate step. Just dont stick them hard to surface unless its lined up real good.
Sponsored