CVF Aluminum Intercooler Hot-side + Cold-side Piping Kit Installed

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Are you tuned or stock? Or getting re-tuned to take advantage of the piping?
Right now stock. I will likely get a tune after all my bolt on stuff is completed.
Next on the list is pulling the OEM muffler for a magnaflow and possibly a CAI. I think that is all that is left before a tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Are you tuned or stock? Or getting re-tuned to take advantage of the piping?
I have the ford performance tune as well as 0FG Dual Crawler Cat Back exhaust. Everything feels like its in harmony when you punch it. Just recently purchased the Injen cold air intake setup but need to pick her up in Oregon. Stupid California laws...

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Well after a few days of driving, this may be my favorite mod so far. Truck seems to respond better at low speed and you get a nice whistle and hiss at high rpm with the BOV. 10/10 recommend.
I really wanna spend my money on all the CVF stuff from the intercooler to the downpipe instead of a $1100 Ford ESP. If my blend door breaks I'll just suit up like Costanza.

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Well after a few days of driving, this may be my favorite mod so far. Truck seems to respond better at low speed and you get a nice whistle and hiss at high rpm with the BOV. 10/10 recommend.
Nice to hear! I'm loving mine as well.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
408 guy - this aluminum piece you mention that needed sanded, is that part of the charge pipe kit or the engine? Overall pretty straight forward install? I've read guys loosing the intercooler for more room.
CV fab- I'm placing an order in a day or 2, is this something your familiar with?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
quick trip to the store with the wife. Only got up to 40mph so no BOV noise. Idk if its a placebo but the truck felt better at low speed and high gear. Not as luggy?
Gotta be good for 75 HP minimum right? :like:

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
408 guy - this aluminum piece you mention that needed sanded, is that part of the charge pipe kit or the engine? Overall pretty straight forward install? I've read guys loosing the intercooler for more room.
CV fab- I'm placing an order in a day or 2, is this something your familiar with?
That came with the kit, more specifically for the cool side. I am not sure if the others that installed had the same issue with that aluminum piece needing to be sanded a little. I took a little off at a time until it took a little force to push in. It could have been my inexperience with things though. I have had zero issue with things so far.

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
IMO you shouldn't need to loosen the intercooler. With the couplers in place first it gives you that give you need to slide things in. One thing I did not mention is that I used a tiny bit of olive oil on the rubber gaskets that go inside of each pipe that seal around the intercooler. I was worried those might rip or stretch if I put a weird angle of pressure on them. Probably might of not been needed but worked for me.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Thanks friend! Going to order in the AM

Damper is good for 15-20 HP

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I did not need to sand that aluminum plug. Mine fit right out of the box.
Sponsored