jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
does anybody knows how if I can get out the two cupholder in the center console?
My plan is to catch the wire from the shifter illumination or from the rear USB plugs. If I can get 12volt from there, I would drill a small hole in the cupholder for an LED.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, I changed my color on the screen and it didnt change right away.sometime over the next week or two it changed to blue. Im not sure on floor lights though I will need to recheck those.Good luck with your wife.:thumbsup:
Hi Bret and Dave,

I went out to get the Owner's Manual out of the truck and discovered that I do indeed have foot well lights, but with ambient lighting in the garage they do not show...but close the garage up and there they were. So I stand corrected.... I chalk this up to the fact we old farts are not out and about at night very much and normally for night time functions, we take the Lincoln MKX.

Thanks Bret on the color change...we will see if it takes on not...weird it is not immediate. My old Escape was instant when adjusted for color.... Oh well....

Also Thanks to everyone for their kind words on Margie's health. Yesterday was bust...she was given pre test prep that was incorrect and thus they could not perform the stress test... They tried to schedule out another month. We politely suggested they find another closer date and got the Radiology Department Head involved...Now we try again on Monday. Another trip up to Tucson. They told us to go home and for Margie to not have a heart attack!! Sheesh....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Bret and Dave,

I went out to get the Owner's Manual out of the truck and discovered that I do indeed have foot well lights, but with ambient lighting in the garage they do not show...but close the garage up and there they were. So I stand corrected.... I chalk this up to the fact we old farts are not out and about at night very much and normally for night time functions, we take the Lincoln MKX.

Thanks Bret on the color change...we will see if it takes on not...weird it is not immediate. My old Escape was instant when adjusted for color.... Oh well....

Also Thanks to everyone for their kind words on Margie's health. Yesterday was bust...she was given pre test prep that was incorrect and thus they could not perform the stress test... They tried to schedule out another month. We politely suggested they find another closer date and got the Radiology Department Head involved...Now we try again on Monday. Another trip up to Tucson. They told us to go home and for Margie to not have a heart attack!! Sheesh....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

I dont do a lot of night driving either but noticed last night they were on in the foot wells along with the other ambient lights (I have mine set to purple). Mine do seem to change color almost instantly though while I was playing around with them.

Unbelievable how these Dr's are now a days,almost like they give you a pat on the head and shove you out the door. I hope everything goes well for Margie!

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Strange. I have the 2019 Lariat. Ambiant lighting is both on the window sticker & in settings. All that light up are the 2 front door handles. Anyone else experience this?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Strange. I have the 2019 Lariat. Ambiant lighting is both on the window sticker & in settings. All that light up are the 2 front door handles. Anyone else experience this?
John,also cubby in front of shifter and both front foot wells. Bret

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Bret
John,also cubby in front of shifter and both front foot wells. Bret
, I checked tonight, and as I suspected, all that light up are 2 spots in the front door handles, (which i can change the color of) . There is no footwear lighting & no light in the cubby.

Any buddy else end up with this limited lighting scenario?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Bret

, I checked tonight, and as I suspected, all that light up are 2 spots in the front door handles, (which i can change the color of) . There is no footwear lighting & no light in the cubby.

Any buddy else end up with this limited lighting scenario?
John maybe when you go in for service have dealer look at it. Bret

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
my 2015 Mustang GT Premium had cup holder lighting with the ambient lighting. Really liked it!
Was a bit bummed when the Ranger did not.

Footwell lighting.. I thought I didn't have it but found it was because I was looking in the day time. Come night and there they were. That was nice.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
my 2015 Mustang GT Premium had cup holder lighting with the ambient lighting. Really liked it!
Was a bit bummed when the Ranger did not.

Footwell lighting.. I thought I didn't have it but found it was because I was looking in the day time. Come night and there they were. That was nice.
I have it in the MKC and it's very nice.
$249 list for the Ranger oem kit to get the cup holder lighting.
If the floor wasn't lit already, I'd go for the kit.

Last edited:

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
I have it in the MKC and it's very nice.
$249 list for the Ranger oem kit to get the cup holder lighting.
If the floor wasn't lit already, I'd go for the kit.
Hmmm.. Looked that up.
Says it comes with the foot well lights, which I already have.

Also says "choice of seven color options to create the ideal ambiance for any mood ".
Do you (or anyone) know if these tie into the overall system so the color changes with the rest of the lights from the on-screen controls?

$250 isn't too painful. Though this should have been included in the Lariat trim package and with the other ambient lights.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm.. Looked that up.
Says it comes with the foot well lights, which I already have.

Also says "choice of seven color options to create the ideal ambiance for any mood ".
Do you (or anyone) know if these tie into the overall system so the color changes with the rest of the lights from the on-screen controls?

$250 isn't too painful. Though this should have been included in the Lariat trim package and with the other ambient lights.
Can't help you on the install but I do miss illuminated cup holders like that of the MKC.
I like the blue mode.