port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Yes Happy Easter!
And I am getting ready for my next wiring tango.
Lariat Mirrors! Probably next Friday. Already found some wiring surprises vs the manual. Some good some bad. Well maybe not bad, but confusing. There is a ground line in the harness connector and no pin in the mirror. But it saves me running one extra wire.
Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend.
It must've just been something with the sequence of events because I haven't had an issue with the light staying on. Just ran to the store and it went off between there and the car wash. Then when I got home and backed up the driveway, it went off as soon as I locked the doors with the fob.

YAY! Thanks, for sticking with me Mike.
Sponsored

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
It must've just been something with the sequence of events because I haven't had an issue with the light staying on. Just ran to the store and it went off between there and the car wash. Then when I got home and backed up the driveway, it went off as soon as I locked the doors with the fob.

YAY! Thanks, for sticking with me Mike.
Well I guess I need to double check that!
I believe you are the 1st guinea pig to duplicate this mod - THANKS!
Glad it's working for you!

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Well I guess I need to double check that!
I believe you are the 1st guinea pig to duplicate this mod - THANKS!
Glad it's working for you!
If nothing else, I found out about Posi-tap connectors and, while they are expensive, those things are slick!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to resurrect old thread, however this information pertains to a current project I am working on.

My setup is different, so all I need to know is between the Black-Grey and White wire, which is trigger wire for the cargo factory lights?

I need to tap this so when I press the cargo lights my own trigger line to a relay will tap off the factory trigger line to power on some additional cargo lighting as well as some courtesy ground lights I've installed under the frame door area. I am also assuming everything will be triggered when the door is unlocked via keyfob and door openings? Or does the factory cargo lights have one wire for the manual button and one for the BCM "courtesy lights" programming?

My power source will come directly from a battery, so that is why I only need the trigger information.

Edit: Ah after reading through thread it seems for my purpose the OP recommends just tapping the actual 12v + line at the cargo light itself.

Easy enough, but seems more simple to snake a trigger line from the dash than from the cargo light itself (headliner and all). Hmm

Last edited:
OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to resurrect old thread, however this information pertains to a current project I am working on.

My setup is different, so all I need to know is between the Black-Grey and White wire, which is trigger wire for the cargo factory lights?

I need to tap this so when I press the cargo lights my own trigger line to a relay will tap off the factory trigger line to power on some additional cargo lighting as well as some courtesy ground lights I've installed under the frame door area. I am also assuming everything will be triggered when the door is unlocked via keyfob and door openings? Or does the factory cargo lights have one wire for the manual button and one for the BCM "courtesy lights" programming?

My power source will come directly from a battery, so that is why I only need the trigger information.

Edit: Ah after reading through thread it seems for my purpose the OP recommends just tapping the actual 12v + line at the cargo light itself.

Easy enough, but seems more simple to snake a trigger line from the dash than from the cargo light itself (headliner and all). Hmm
Hey Jack
Yes I went off the 12V rev line. IIRC the cargo light dash switch is a momentary I believe it was a ground signal.
You an IM me direct with more Qs. But as i am still on vacation responses may be slow and cloudy
Happy New Year!
Sponsored