Cup Holder lights?

STEVE BUSSELL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Has anyone found an easy way to illuminate the cup holders? When I leave for work at 0 dark thirty, I have to hunt to get the coffee cup back in the holder. I know, first world problem.
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I had the same thought the other day. My Colorado has a down light and so did my old VW. Came in really handy. So I'm thinking either a cup holder light or a down light would be good.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anyone found an easy way to illuminate the cup holders? When I leave for work at 0 dark thirty, I have to hunt to get the coffee cup back in the holder. I know, first world problem.
I actually forgot I had these discs in my Amazon wish list until you posted this. The reviews are mixed but they do have a 1 yr warrantee. They're USB charged and motion activated so they turn on as soon as you touch the center console. The first review has a good video on them.

https://www.amazon.com/Car-Lights-F...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657825731622&th=1

I like these a lot more and they should look more OEM. These are a little more money but they are hard wired and look to be much better and have good reviews.

https://accentglowled.com/product/custom-led-cup-holder/

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I actually forgot I had these discs in my Amazon wish list until you posted this. The reviews are mixed but they do have a 1 yr warrantee. They're USB charged and motion activated so they turn on as soon as you touch the center console. The first review has a good video on them.

https://www.amazon.com/Car-Lights-F...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657825731622&th=1

I like these a lot more and they should look more OEM. These are a little more money but they are hard wired and look to be much better and have good reviews.

https://accentglowled.com/product/custom-led-cup-holder/
I have those from amazon.
They work pretty well and stay charged a decent amount of time (For me anyway, as I don't commute to work every day).

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
How about DIY on footwell lighting.

OP
OP

STEVE BUSSELL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Thanks for the suggestions. Would be nice if it could tie into the ambient lights for the cubby under the dash. Will have to look into that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the suggestions. Would be nice if it could tie into the ambient lights for the cubby under the dash. Will have to look into that.
The ones in the second link are hard wired and seem to be the better choice. I'm really liking the amber ones for mine andI think they look close to OEM as you're going to get.

Tips for vehicle wiring:
An illumination source is best (can usually be found at the radio, vehicle shifter lights, or other locations) and would allow the LED cup holders to turn on and off with your dash lighting. Another common location is to tap into the rear of the power socket if it is a switched power connection (turns on and off with the car).

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do non-lariat models not have foot well lighting?
Hi Tyler,

My Lariat does not have foot well lighting. Older Rangers in my time at Ford had a package called the Light Group and with that option, your got foot well lighting. No clue if the current Ranger had a Light Group... Really not a biggie for me as at my old age, we rarely drive at night...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Strange, my Lariat does have foot well lighting? It does not have cup holder lighting, which I run into the same issue as the OP, morning commute in the dark, looking for the cup holder when I am setting my coffee cup back down.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Tyler,

My Lariat does not have foot well lighting. Older Rangers in my time at Ford had a package called the Light Group and with that option, your got foot well lighting. No clue if the current Ranger had a Light Group... Really not a biggie for me as at my old age, we rarely drive at night...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

Are you sure you don't have foot well lighting? I was out last night and confirmed that there is footwell light in my Lariat. You can change the color from the center stack on all the accent lighting,maybe your dimmer switch is set to low?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Are you sure you don't have foot well lighting? I was out last night and confirmed that there is footwell light in my Lariat. You can change the color from the center stack on all the accent lighting,maybe your dimmer switch is set to low?
Hi Dave,

If I have them, they are not working. Tried center console and looked at color choices and changed to deep blue but no change of color either. Will have to investigate later... Too many other fish to fry right now with the wife's health...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hi Dave,

If I have them, they are not working. Tried center console and looked at color choices and changed to deep blue but no change of color either. Will have to investigate later... Too many other fish to fry right now with the wife's health...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, I changed my color on the screen and it didnt change right away.sometime over the next week or two it changed to blue. Im not sure on floor lights though I will need to recheck those.Good luck with your wife.:thumbsup:
Sponsored