Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yep, correct answer.
That works. I was using it the same as my 2016 F150 where you just hold it until to get to the speed you wanted on the speedometer and then released.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That works. I was using it the same as my 2016 F150 where you just hold it until to get to the speed you wanted on the speedometer and then released.
Gotcha. Good that it works!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
In all honesty, I think it's a stupid design/pointless feature, and it would be better for it to operate the way most other cruise systems do. But, it's also the case that there just isn't much standardization between all the advanced systems in different cars, so it's really important to read the instructions and proceed carefully until you're sure you understand how each car works.

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
In all honesty, I think it's a stupid design/pointless feature, and it would be better for it to operate the way most other cruise systems do. But, it's also the case that there just isn't much standardization between all the advanced systems in different cars, so it's really important to read the instructions and proceed carefully until you're sure you understand how each car works.
Once I was aware of the little digital speed set indicator down in the corner, it all works as I would expect. Just need to use that instead of the speedometer.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s super stupid it won’t take you all the way to a stop. It will take you to 10mph then just release the brakes and let you glide. I haven’t let it keep gliding yet to see if the automatic emergency braking kicks in. If the system is smart enough to brake it to 10mph it should take it all the way to 0 and hold it there like many modern adaptive cruise systems like the one on my wife’s Tiguan and the new Gladiator.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it’s super stupid it won’t take you all the way to a stop. It will take you to 10mph then just release the brakes and let you glide. I haven’t let it keep gliding yet to see if the automatic emergency braking kicks in. If the system is smart enough to brake it to 10mph it should take it all the way to 0 and hold it there like many modern adaptive cruise systems like the one on my wife’s Tiguan and the new Gladiator.
They don't want people trying to use it as a self driving car, and I can't argue with that. It's intended for open highway cruising, not stop and go traffic where the driver really needs to be paying attention but will be tempted to do something else if it seems like the car is driving itself.

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
My old Audi acted the same way and did not have adaptive cruise, guess I just got accustomed to it.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well in actuality, the adaptive cruise speed setting is extremely accurate and that is what it is using for feedback to control vehicle speed. I like it being indicated on the dashboard. The analog speedometer is far less accurate and is subject to errors with different tires and tire pressures but is what we're all used to so if you want to use that to set your adaptive cruise (and ignore the digital readout) all you have to do is press "set".

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well I learner something today. I was always looking at the center speedometer dial to set the cruise by. That's why it was wrapping up to 100 mph when holding the button in. I never even noticed the little digital indicator by the cruise icon. Works fine once you know how! Geez...LOL
Not to worry bud. My wife's Mustang has adaptive cruise control. One might say it took me a bit to adapt also. :)

But, I do like that new gangled thang.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well in actuality, the adaptive cruise speed setting is extremely accurate and that is what it is using for feedback to control vehicle speed. I like it being indicated on the dashboard. The analog speedometer is far less accurate and is subject to errors with different tires and tire pressures but is what we're all used to so if you want to use that to set your adaptive cruise (and ignore the digital readout) all you have to do is press "set".
It's not the speed display that's stupid, it's switching to large increments if you hold the button down. That's a very different behavior than most systems, and I'm not convinced that it adds much over just incrementing more slowly.

The digital speedometer probably isn't any more accurate than the analog one; they should show the same data source.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I love my adaptive cc. It really decreases my stress level with people who don't know how to maintain their speed, which happens to be 80% of the a holes on the highway

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
They don't want people trying to use it as a self driving car, and I can't argue with that. It's intended for open highway cruising, not stop and go traffic where the driver really needs to be paying attention but will be tempted to do something else if it seems like the car is driving itself.
Ford does it on the F150 and lots of other vehicles. Not sure why not the Ranger.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ford does it on the F150 and lots of other vehicles. Not sure why not the Ranger.
it was one of the first things i was curious could be fixed with a Forscan mod. I don't know that the vehicles that have "adaptive cc with stop n go" have any additional tech components that the ranger doesn't.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
it was one of the first things i was curious could be fixed with a Forscan mod. I don't know that the vehicles that have "adaptive cc with stop n go" have any additional tech components that the ranger doesn't.
And I'm guessing you found out you couldn't? Or did you find out something different?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
And I'm guessing you found out you couldn't? Or did you find out something different?
Haven't had a chance to dig deep enough yet. You all will definitely know as soon as I do heh.
Sponsored