Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Todd,

Get the alignment checked and fix the tire wear issue...then remeasure the truck. Is it lifted or leveled? Sort sounds like it might have been...

Best,
Phil
It is not lifted or levelled.
I agree, I will get the alignment checked.
Thanks Phil
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Todd,

My truck sits about 3/4" higher on the right side (not lifted or leveled). I took it to the Dealer to document it and after checking it underneath said that nothing appeared to be a mechanical or safety issue. My Dealer said that a few other Ranger owners had reported this same issue to them, so they went out on the lot and measured some of the Rangers that were in stock at the time...some were level, and several were not. No service bulletins on this issue. I also documented a case with Ford (not a complaint against Ford) just in case it turns out eventually to be a warranty issue. I feel OK about letting it go for now (the appearance doesn't bother me) unless Ford discovers it to be a mechanical or safety issue in the future :)

right-side-higher-rear-jpg.jpg

Dealer view 1.jpg

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, took it to my spring shop because the driver's side lean bothered me so much. Offroad/HD Spring Shop in Jersey, the guys know their stuff. They re-arced and it resettled back to the same 1/2"-3/4" lean. From what I've read/seen/experienced in the wild - some Ranger's do this and Ford is gonna call it "within spec" and not do anything.

Definitely annoying to look at at least for me, but not a safety issue as Ford clearly seems aware with the shim under the DS leaf pack.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
mine came from the factory about .5 inch lower on one side. it was shimmed from the factory. eh.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
My truck leans to the left (driver's side) .25-.50 inches. Always has. If you look up Ford's specs, it is within value.

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Todd,

My truck sits about 3/4" higher on the right side (not lifted or leveled). I took it to the Dealer to document it and after checking it underneath said that nothing appeared to be a mechanical or safety issue. My Dealer said that a few other Ranger owners had reported this same issue to them, so they went out on the lot and measured some of the Rangers that were in stock at the time...some were level, and several were not. No service bulletins on this issue. I also documented a case with Ford (not a complaint against Ford) just in case it turns out eventually to be a warranty issue. I feel OK about letting it go for now (the appearance doesn't bother me) unless Ford discovers it to be a mechanical or safety issue in the future :)

right-side-higher-rear-jpg.jpg

Dealer view 1.jpg
Hey there, Yea I saw that and well, where I know there are things that can be done, the question is, will Ford at least try to fix it again. I got a new rear spring out of the deal, but that's not really a big advantage since the lean isn't caused by the rear spring in the first place. I know the truck functions, but I just don't like looking at the driver's side lean, it bothers me. I figure shimming will come into play even though that will technically go against Fords specs that they say are normal. I'll let this play out another week or so and post whatever is revealed by Ford (if anything). I'll also post what I probably have to eventually do to fix it, but I will fix it.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hey there, Yea I saw that and well, where I know there are things that can be done, the question is, will Ford at least try to fix it again. I got a new rear spring out of the deal, but that's not really a big advantage since the lean isn't caused by the rear spring in the first place. I know the truck functions, but I just don't like looking at the driver's side lean, it bothers me. I figure shimming will come into play even though that will technically go against Fords specs that they say are normal. I'll let this play out another week or so and post whatever is revealed by Ford (if anything). I'll also post what I probably have to eventually do to fix it, but I will fix it.
This has been an ongoing discussion since the 5G was introduced. No cause or remedy has ever been discovered to my knowledge. My OCD has long since been refocus on the various scratches, dents. Door dings that I or others have inflicted on my Ranger since purchase. The most recent of which happened a few weeks ago in a parking lot.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
mine was a 1/2 off as well. made a mess try to get the driveshaft and pinon correct after a lift :facepalm:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I don't like the look of the lean either but have decided to live with it unless it is eventually revealed that it is a mechanical or safety issue.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
How on earth did they get past the tape , rope, barricades , cones AND security and get close enough to ding a Ranger ?
Yeah, I have to jack up my security detail. They were sleeping on the job that day. Maybe look for new staff. 🤣

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This has been an ongoing discussion since the 5G was introduced. No cause or remedy has ever been discovered to my knowledge. My OCD has long since been refocus on the various scratches, dents. Door dings that I or others have inflicted on my Ranger since purchase. The most recent of which happened a few weeks ago in a parking lot.
I hear you brother. People and their door habits are teeth grinders. I do like the fact that my Rhino runners that I have on this tremor sit high enough above most doors with the exception of other raised trucks. They can take a beating within reason for all I care, as long as they protect the truck body. Proof in point, about a month after getting this truck, someone opened their door against the runner and put a slight indention in it and scratched the powder coat. I looked at it and thought to myself, "now that took a big effort to do that to a Rhino running board". So, I do have the satisfaction of knowing, whoever did that, probably has a nice big dent in their door. Stupid MoFo's.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Level the front so it is equal between the driver and passenger side front and that usually fixes the issue seen at the rear.
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH