Consumer Reports Likes the Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XL STX FX4
Folks complaining about folding mirror and knobless climate control and I'm just over here with my XL happy as can be ?

Sometimes it pays to have simple tastes I guess.
Agreed! I test drove an XLT and a Taco and decided I wanted the Ranger for many reasons, but while shopping I couldn't justify the price point of the XLT and didn't want the frills anyways. When I test drove the XL I ended up buying i was pleasantly surprised that I much preferred the XL dash anyways. I dont like touch screens in automobiles, and would rather rely on tactile feedback so I can keep my eyes on the road.
Sponsored

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have to agree with them regarding the center console controls, which are awful because you have to take you eyes way off the road for way too long to figure out if you're hitting the right one. I'd love an opportunity to redesign those.

As for the ride, it was one of the big selling points. I do a fair amount of highway travel at 70-80 mph and the Ranger felt far more competent and comfortable than the Tacoma or GM twins, especially at highway speeds.

I do pay attention to CR because of the reliability ratings.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I totally get it. I waited for a long time to buy a new Ranger and now that I finally have the seat dialed in I'm very happy with it. Never been impressed with the C/C but then again I have of late sworn off GM for the rest of my life. The way they kicked Saturn owners to the curb, myself included, with the VTI transmission fiasco was the very definition of bad faith and they don't need any more of my money.
For me, I do not like buying something twice. I helped bail them out because of their poor decisions, and I did not want to buy any of their products because they do not care about the consumer.

GM does not care what their customers want, they just care about profits. Look at the cars they have manufactured since 2009. I dare you to not find any rust on any of them. poor quality, poor reliability, poor performance. Why ever buy a GM?

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I may be odd but I don't use the buttons when I change my climate, radio, and other voice-activated systems just tell the system I want the climate set 73 and it does it. as well as a ton of other settings, All voice-controlled.

To date, I have not touched the manual temperature settings. Why should I when I can just sit back and tell the system what temp and other settings to use.

But that's the kind of stuff that I buy what I'm looking for a vehicle. Convenience. Nothing is more convenient than telling the truck what to do instead of fumbling for manual buttons
Truck go to the store.... I think my sync is broken.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Can I present CR with a dunce award? Punishing ride is from factory delivered with 45 psi in the tires. Bet they never checked! Ya shocks stink no argument there. That’s the weak link until aftermarket. Controls? Had mine figured out in an hour. Amateurs…
Sponsored