2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 1971 Honda Mini Trail Z50 Restored
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, that belongs to

D803A8B3-D645-42EA-89BD-DC887E219C28.jpeg

916EA33E-6B76-4E4D-A1E4-5F56447057AD.jpeg
1612458891658.png

1 and 2 or 2 and 1. I don't know but these two are definitely in my top five.

As far as CR goes I quit subscribing years ago because my personal experience with products they reviewed didn't match their opinions. IMHO they are irrelevant in todays world.

Last edited:

shred5

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I would have to believe it has more to do with the overall ranking of vehicle issues in the past couple of years as reported by owners in the survey than the camera issue alone. The Ranger received marks just slightly above the GM products, I think that should be embarrassing for Ford but like many on here I too don't put much if any stock in CR, I would tend to believe the folks who do aren't very knowledgeable as it pertains to evaluating automobiles.

But if we see a big surge in Gladiator sales then maybe CR stills has a lot of believers and I'll have to eat a copy of the publication.

I completely gave up on CR when some yrs back they choose Subaru Legacy as the car of the year

I agree with allot of this. I have never like consumer reports but I admit I have not looked at it in a very very long time.

That said the Gladiator probably has less issues because it has less sales.

Sad for me to say but I really would not rate Ford much higher than GM right now.
I stayed away from GM for a very long time because of issues and denying them and never fixing them.

What I see with the Ranger is the shudder which Ford refused to acknowledge for along time Deny saying it is a characteristic of the truck. They finally have some fix for it.

People with fuel in the oil not being taken care of. Denying anyone has a issue when it is clear some do. Fix the problem.

The remote app Ford pass is garbage.

Same when I owned my Focus. Ranger was me giving Ford a second chance.

Problems do not bother me because all manufacturers have some. What bothers me is when they deny the issue and do not take care of those that have them.

Honestly I never wanted to own a Chevy out of warranty after being burned twice by them. I always liked Ford as a company because even if they had a problem they took care of it before. We have owned allot of Escapes even when they were more truck like. Ford took care of the issues or had a recall. We no longer own a Escape and the Ranger may be the last Ford ever. I just feel so sorry for those with fuel in the oil. What do you do now it is on record because it will hurt trying to sell it being on record.

I would not doubt the rating Ford has on the Ranger. I hope Ford changes and stops this denial. Problems do not bother me, Not owning up to them does.

What good is Fords warranty.

Last edited:

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
CR creates an answer or opinion. Then they created the data to support the answer. Awful organization in my opinion.

Ford Execs met with CR staff. I will not share internal documents, but the adjectives Arrogant and Self Absorbed apply as I recall...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
^ this. I’m not in the least bit surprised as I’ve bought things high on their list and been unhappy with the purchase enough times that I consider them less than reliable. Anyone saying that a Gladiator is reliable is like the car salesman in National Lampoon’s Vacation saying, “You think you hate it now, wait until you drive it.” (Played by Eugene Levy) honestly, that phrase encapsulates how I feel about CR.

Advertisement

Advertisement