Competition: 2024 Trailhunter Tacoma Overlanding Model Announced

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'm interested in what all Toyota will bring to the table in 2024. Good competition in a market segment never hurts.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
It'll be inline with Ranger Raptor pricing for sure. I'd say around $57k starting. Ridiculous for a midsize pickup.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm interested in what all Toyota will bring to the table in 2024. Good competition in a market segment never hurts.
100% agree! It’s absolutely appropriate considering the Tacoma is the overwhelming segment leader (still scratching my head on that tidbit) and the Ranger’s biggest competition. Plus Toyota is actually providing some details on their next generation truck… something Ford clearly hasn’t done. Ford hasn’t given us one nugget to chew on despite the global Ranger being unveiled almost a year and half ago (November 24, 2021).

Last edited:

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Nothing, the Tundra and Sequoia were duds. The TRD and this Trailhunter yeah sounds similar to Trailhawk will be the usual fancy badges. At least the Hilux overseas gets an actual GR badge and treatment. The real players will be the ZR2 and Ranger Raptor, not to be a bragger but my stock STX SE parked next to a stock Frontier Pro-X4 is the same ride height and that is saying something.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Nothing, the Tundra and Sequoia were duds. The TRD and this Trailhunter yeah sounds similar to Trailhawk will be the usual fancy badges. At least the Hilux overseas gets an actual GR badge and treatment. The real players will be the ZR2 and Ranger Raptor, not to be a bragger but my stock STX SE parked next to a stock Frontier Pro-X4 is the same ride height and that is saying something.
I wish we could get the Hilux here in the states. The diesel with manual transmission version that is.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I wish we could get the Hilux here in the states. The diesel with manual transmission version that is.
I have a hatred for Toyota having owned one, though I have said that the Taco needs to go and just bring the Hilux it would sell more than the Taco. The only new Toyota I would buy if sold here would be the J76 Land Cruiser. V8 twin turbo Diesel, 5speed manual, and the most solid off roader you can buy.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
This kind of reasonable thought could get you banned around here.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Toyota could take a rusted out yugo that is down a cylinder, slap a Toyota decal on it and everyone would proclaim it is the greatest truck ever. So no, I don't care.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
This kind of reasonable thought could get you banned around here.
But if you get banned you can simply buy/install a tailgate damper and all is forgiven, right?
Sponsored