First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
At least that rendering doesn't have the hideous tundra grille. I still wouldn't buy one.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Not a bad looking truck at all. Rear bumper reminds me of a 94-95 Chevrolet s-10 design in a way. Same feeling on the Tundra rear bumper. If they go coil spring rear suspension, like it appears they may be, then the ride quality could steal buyers wanting a truck that rides more like a car/car based suv. How many threads have we had on here with people seeking new shocks to make the ranger ride better? Same threads exist on the Colorado/Canyon forums as well seeking ride quality improvement. Hopefully Toyota finally adds rear disc brakes on the Tacoma.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I just read an article about Rivian and thought it looked similar but the Maverick analogy is better
I saw a Rivian the other day I think, it made me look twice, very striking. But too futuristic looking for me personally.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
engine cover and h hood struts reported to be standard on all models but gotta see a chromed version before rendering a comprehensive opinion.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I like my truck or the new 6G Ranger MUCH better from a styling standpoint. Those wheel well angles just look dumb.

I am ready to be shocked that they addressed the non-starter seating up front. But knowing Toyota, pretty sure it will still sport the Apollo 13 seating position for someone of my height.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I am not liking the angle look of it. Nothing uniform in the body style. You can probably get a sunroof however. I sure wish my Ranger had one. I wouldn't buy a Tacoma anymore. No Sir.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The design is kind of blocky to me, but it could grow on me I suppose. But what is with the black roof? That seems kind of weird to me.

I'd be interested to know more details on it as they are released. Competition is good for everyone as it makes the manufacturers work harder.
Sponsored