First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Looks the CVC is for the compact and the CVNG stands for next gen. Definitely must have got a pre-release version by mistake.
Sponsored

tccoastguard

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Are they both flat mirrors or is the passenger convex? Takes some getting use to the split mirror with the convex on the bottom.
Both flat. Definitely bigger than stock.

tccoastguard

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Received a response back from Clearview yesterday - they stated that they had indeed shipped me a pre-release version of the US Compact mirrors. They gave me the option to keep or exchange; I'm opting to keep. They also stated that US store plans on pricing these the same as the NextGen. In the Australian store, the Compact is (very) slightly cheaper.

Anyway, I'm keeping the Compact mirrors as I like them after driving around on them for the weekend.

Attachments

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Glad they worked out for you. I kind of like those as opposed to the set with the convex...it does take some getting used too using them. Seems the set you have would be a much easier transition from the OE set.
But, the convex does help quite a bit when towing my wide travel trailer.

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT (FX4)
Occupation
Retired
You have to pull the panel. I have all sorts of tools and tips that will fit that torx, but there's no way to get a good purchase on it without removing the panel. Bolt is in pretty tight, and if the tool end is the slightest bit off center, your gonna strip that torx out.
Sorry.
When you get em on, the "sliding" mechanism is going to be very tight/hard to pull out, and need to be lubed...their web site has info on how to slide the covers off to lube the telescoping mechanism.

I'm going to play with the fuse for the mirrors and their orientation and see if I can get them to sync.
God Bless You Grumpaw! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ?

Will you please let me know what lube you used on the sliding mechanisms of the Clearview Mirrors. I saw a YouTube video that showed a spray lube, but the gentleman didn't give the name of the lube he was using.

Thank you!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any good brand of what is called Dry Lube. Spray can, sprays on wet but dries very fast. Doesn't attract/keep dust or dirt.

TRoss

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT (FX4)
Occupation
Retired
Any good brand of what is called Dry Lube. Spray can, sprays on wet but dries very fast. Doesn't attract/keep dust or dirt.
God Bless You Grumpaw! I pray that all is well with you and your family! ? Thank you for your response. I will receive my mirrors tomorrow! I pray that my installation will be easy!? ?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Received a response back from Clearview yesterday - they stated that they had indeed shipped me a pre-release version of the US Compact mirrors. They gave me the option to keep or exchange; I'm opting to keep. They also stated that US store plans on pricing these the same as the NextGen. In the Australian store, the Compact is (very) slightly cheaper.

Anyway, I'm keeping the Compact mirrors as I like them after driving around on them for the weekend.
I just want to ask not that you've had them a while, what is your long-term opinion of them? Have you used them extended often?

tccoastguard

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just want to ask not that you've had them a while, what is your long-term opinion of them? Have you used them extended often?
Love them. They're bigger and they stick out more, so I often don't have to extend them unless I am towing something super wide. Even towing an rpod, I didn't have to extend.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
975$? Eeeesh.
Yup, but if you tow a wide travel trailer, frequently, their worth every cent.
The same "Essssh" could be said for many of the pieces and parts that we install on our Rangers, it's a matter of what's important to the individual.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Love them. They're bigger and they stick out more, so I often don't have to extend them unless I am towing something super wide. Even towing an rpod, I didn't have to extend.
Awesome, I'm thinking about them, Kinda want a "super compact" option, but these don't look too bad for the functionality they add. For me along with some Lariat wiring and a new Mirror Control Lever switch I'll be adding turn signals, power folding, heated and puddle lamps with the tow mirrors.

Yup, but if you tow a wide travel trailer, frequently, their worth every cent.
The same "Essssh" could be said for many of the pieces and parts that we install on our Rangers, it's a matter of what's important to the individual.
Like tailgate dampers. ?

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Just went looking at these tonight. Looks like the price has dropped quite a bit as they are now in the mid-500's instead of close to $1000. (So long as you don't have power-folding ones that is)

Giving serious thought to picking up a set before our Disney trip in May.

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
Just went looking at these tonight. Looks like the price has dropped quite a bit as they are now in the mid-500's instead of close to $1000. (So long as you don't have power-folding ones that is)

Giving serious thought to picking up a set before our Disney trip in May.
I really love mine. Best upgrade I have done to the truck, but I do tow a lot.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I got my new set installed. Took about an hour and half with a 15 minute toddler potty break and other various toddler stop work issues.

I used a T30 L torx wrench and only removed the tweeters. I figure the majority of my time was taking off and putting on the bottom bolts 1/4 turn at a time. I also replaced 2 out of 3 bolts with hex bolts M6x 18 and a fender washer. I didn't have a socket or wrench small enough for the third to be replaced as well.

20230421_184039.jpg
20230421_191415.jpg
20230421_194758.jpg

20230421_194806.jpg

Biggest issues is starting the bottom bolts getting them lined up, etc. On my passenger side unit the plug connector pushed 1/4 farther into the truck. Not enough to plug or cause issues other than making that bottom bolt that much harder.

Also there is a rubber gasket on the tweeters snap cover that is now inside my door along with a fender washer.

Not sure if I should worry about the gasket.
Sponsored