First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Well, more problems arose...fold works fine, but the Blind Spot, and the Cross Traffic both threw system problems. Tried everything to try to reset, disconnected battery and tried a master system reset. Nothing worked...still showing faults.
Contacted Clearview and explained problem....something is definitely wrong with the wiring on my set...
Well, their sending me out a new set, expedited and I retain the defective set until the new ones come in Thursday...so I don't have to dismount , mount OE, dismount OE, mount new set.
Even sending my return mailer for defective set.
A bit frustrated , but I have to give a big thumbs up for their service and attention to customer service.

IMG_20220503_103013807.jpg

IMG_20220503_103022249.jpg
Sponsored

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Well, more problems arose...fold works fine, but the Blind Spot, and the Cross Traffic both threw system problems. Tried everything to try to reset, disconnected battery and tried a master system reset. Nothing worked...still showing faults.
Contacted Clearview and explained problem....something is definitely wrong with the wiring on my set...
Well, their sending me out a new set, expedited and I retain the defective set until the new ones come in Thursday...so I don't have to dismount , mount OE, dismount OE, mount new set.
Even sending my return mailer for defective set.
A bit frustrated , but I have to give a big thumbs up for their service and attention to customer service.

IMG_20220503_103013807.jpg

IMG_20220503_103022249.jpg
Did BLiss work even though the mirrors folded backwards?

IE did BLISS work before you swapped those two pins?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did BLiss work even though the mirrors folded backwards?

IE did BLISS work before you swapped those two pins?
David, for the life of me I don't know...I didn't take the Ranger out of the garage while I was having the problems with the fold, and I just don't remember if the faults message came on while I tried the fold with ignition on.
There is an electronic module inside the base of each mirror, and the people at Clearview do think that moving/repositioning wires/crossing wires may have set off the faults.
They told me that their quality control is done on each mirror as they are built, by hand, but rarely one goes thru with a problem.
Guess it was my turn to get the gremlin.
But they stepped up and are taking care of me.
When I was out testing them, even with the faults, the power functions all still worked, and gave a very good view to the back. The turn signal and puddle lights both worked .
If you have a set on order, or are thinking about a set, don't worry about the mirrors...they're everything other members have said about them, its just I got a bad pair...would definitely buy again.

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
David, for the life of me I don't know...I didn't take the Ranger out of the garage while I was having the problems with the fold, and I just don't remember if the faults message came on while I tried the fold with ignition on.
There is an electronic module inside the base of each mirror, and the people at Clearview do think that moving/repositioning wires/crossing wires may have set off the faults.
They told me that their quality control is done on each mirror as they are built, by hand, but rarely one goes thru with a problem.
Guess it was my turn to get the gremlin.
But they stepped up and are taking care of me.
When I was out testing them, even with the faults, the power functions all still worked, and gave a very good view to the back. The turn signal and puddle lights both worked .
If you have a set on order, or are thinking about a set, don't worry about the mirrors...they're everything other members have said about them, its just I got a bad pair...would definitely buy again.
Hope they get your issues figured out and fixed. working on installing mine. Were you able to get the armrest door handle trim piece off without breaking it? when i put my window module in I broke the stupid piece that goes into the upper screw pocket and had to glue it back on. Was trying to be extra careful with the passenger side working on the mirror but broke that one too. Looked it up on Levittown and they want $50 a piece for them. Expensive piece of ABS.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hope they get your issues figured out and fixed. working on installing mine. Were you able to get the armrest door handle trim piece off without breaking it? when i put my window module in I broke the stupid piece that goes into the upper screw pocket and had to glue it back on. Was trying to be extra careful with the passenger side working on the mirror but broke that one too. Looked it up on Levittown and they want $50 a piece for them. Expensive piece of ABS.
Yeah, was actually able to get all the trim off without any problem. Only lost one push pin fastener on back of one door panel...have a bunch of spares in parts drawer.
I'm very confident that the new set will be just fine....just my turn on the great playing field of life to get a gremlin. :LOL:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, now I can add mine with the replacement set.
Big thumbs up to Clearview...from first contact with them on Monday about problem, new set shipped out Tuesday, arrived Thursday. Got them on with no more problems or faults.

IMG_20220506_114900421_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220506_114937398_HDR.jpg

OP
OP

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercrew Fx4
Glad the new pair worked out for ya, Grumpy! I must've missed the instructions about adding a little lube - will be doing that once it stops raining today, cuz they did get a little stiff to move....

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any of the spray lube is too light to do any good. I tried some spray lithium grease on the first set, but didn't do much good.
Try some light grease on the telescoping parts. I had some hitch ball synthetic grease, almost the same consistency as wheel bearing grease...smeared it on the sliders and it seems to help quite a bit.
Sliders seem to be a metal on plastic/polymer tube...will probably get easier over time, the more it's used.

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
Mine came yesterday and installation went smoothly. :rockon: Everything works and the fold is in sync. One hint I would give on installation. When removing the arm rest trim, start at the front to reduce chances of breaking a round attachment thingy.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
Installed mine this morning. DS mirror is very stiff to move in and out. I’m glad they fold for my garage since they are wider than stock. I’d guess 3” wider total for both. I have the mid grade with BLISS.

They were easy to install. I used the Allen wrench L shaped style Torx wrench and did not remove the door panel. It went well.

F5473E5B-652B-4145-9C51-3D745FE53EAD.jpeg

8373FD91-AA11-48E0-A425-18522E6A1F8C.jpeg

B40174B7-7ACE-4161-901D-113067811685.jpeg

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
As mentioned somewhere earlier, Clearview has a short video on their site that shows how to lube the in/out slider. It helps with the stiffness.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As mentioned somewhere earlier, Clearview has a short video on their site that shows how to lube the in/out slider. It helps with the stiffness.
Yup...but the info on their site bit hard to find...
For those who need the info on lubing the slider arms simply google up "how to lube Clearview Mirrors"...it will bring you directly to the site. :like:

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
The vid I found had very different arms. However, I lubed them and the DS is still super tight.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The vid I found had very different arms. However, I lubed them and the DS is still super tight.
Just remember, the extended arms aren't something your gonna be using every day (unless you tow every day), but most likely just occasionally, so their going to be stiff/hard to extend. Just work them as often as you can and eventually they will slide easier. I used some light grease on mine, and whenever I go out to the garage for something, I'll work them once or twice.
Been less than a week, and mine have loosened up a bit already.
Sponsored