Clear Bra/Ceramic Coating

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Not needed. I took the dealership clear bra off. IF you are overly concerned about chips, a clear bra may help, I prefer the chip repair over any clear bra. Looks great and is inexpensive and does not need to be replaced every few years.
You took off a free clear bra...and think chip repair looks great and don't mind the endless work...ok.

IMO you don't have to be "overly" concerned about chips to not want chip damage to a 40k truck. An Xpel clear bra WILL help, not "may" help...coming from someone who ran an auto paint business.
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I took a trip to Alaska on a MC, before leaving I applied Clear Bra to all Lights, painted, and chrome surfaces facing forward. Upon returning the Clear bra was a pitted, when I removed it the lights, paint, and chrome were in like new condition, I am putting this on my truck, even if I have to replace it in 5 years, the lack of damage and paint repair is worth it. Just my 2 cents.
Dan, I had a Ghost Shield clear bra done thru, Vista Ford. Cost less than $700. Has a ten year warranty and lifetime labor, if your interested.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, I had a Ghost Shield clear bra done thru, Vista Ford. Cost less than $700. Has a ten year warranty and lifetime labor, if your interested.
I do want the hood and lights protected but $700 for the little amount of coverage is pretty high.
I will get it done, but it will be at a shop or in my garage.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Solid company...they did a good job on an Acura I brought in last year. I think they only use 3M & XPEL films, but only XPEL offers the 10 year warranty (3M is five), so I'd guess that's what you got. Not a bad price. How much did they cover?

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Solid company...they did a good job on an Acura I brought in last year. I think they only use 3M & XPEL films, but only XPEL offers the 10 year warranty (3M is five), so I'd guess that's what you got. Not a bad price. How much did they cover?
It covers the entire front end and half way up the hood and front fenders. They cover the bumper and headlights also.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Had Xpel Ultimate PPF put on the front of my Ranger. My last Ranger has a ton of rock chips in the front and on the hood so I got the PPF to help protect against that.
I'm having Xpel put on next week.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! What areas are you having done?
All that's paint on the front, then partial up the hood and fenders both sides then up the a-pillars and partial roof. Headlight and fog lights too.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
All that's paint on the front, then partial up the hood and fenders both sides then up the a-pillars and partial roof. Headlight and fog lights too.
Sounds like a solid plan! I didnt get anything on the roof or A pillars. Just the bumper (full front), fenders, headlights, and full hood.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm considering this kit - all precut - they also have a precut full hood kit as well:

https://carprotectionpros.com/2019-ford-ranger-xlt-lariat-3m-clear-bra-deluxe-paint-protection-kit

There are some options including XPel and headlight protection as well. Since the LEDs are so expensive, I'd really like to protect them from damage.
I have never done a self isntall so I cant comment on that aspect. But it appears they offer a variety of options for both the PPF and what kind of coverage you can get. Certainly cheaper than getting it professionally installed. I have heard it can be difficult to get a nice clean install but for the price difference you could almost have a couple goes at it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have never done a self isntall so I cant comment on that aspect. But it appears they offer a variety of options for both the PPF and what kind of coverage you can get. Certainly cheaper than getting it professionally installed. I have heard it can be difficult to get a nice clean install but for the price difference you could almost have a couple goes at it.
I've seen a bunch of videos and It seems like the "trimming" part is the hardest piece. Since these pieces are all precut, it seems like it would be relatively easy. If I end up buying it, I will post my results here.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen a bunch of videos and It seems like the "trimming" part is the hardest piece. Since these pieces are all precut, it seems like it would be relatively easy. If I end up buying it, I will post my results here.
Sounds good! If you need any pictures of what something looks like installed or where they trimmed mine I can try and get you pictures.

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm considering this kit - all precut - they also have a precut full hood kit as well:

https://carprotectionpros.com/2019-ford-ranger-xlt-lariat-3m-clear-bra-deluxe-paint-protection-kit

There are some options including XPel and headlight protection as well. Since the LEDs are so expensive, I'd really like to protect them from damage.
How is the kit? Thinking of getting it myself before winter sets in. I’ve done some clear bra pieces on my Mustang that didn’t come with the pro-install. It’s not that difficult for smaller to medium size pieces.

I’ve had a clear bra on my 2014 Mustang since day one and it still looks brand new.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is the kit? Thinking of getting it myself before winter sets in. I’ve done some clear bra pieces on my Mustang that didn’t come with the pro-install. It’s not that difficult for smaller to medium size pieces.

I’ve had a clear bra on my 2014 Mustang since day one and it still looks brand new.
The kit was EXCELLENT. Nicely cut and very complete. My installation? Not quite as excellent. :)

I thought it went pretty well, but apparently either some edges popped up after I got done or I didn't seal them well and they have collected dirt. Overall it isn't too bad, but getting those large pieces on the complex curves - especially the piece above the bumper - was very difficult. The headlights went pretty well - one is GREAT, the other is pretty good - you have to look close to see my boo boos on it.

I still think it is better than all the chips - I had 3 after only a couple months - and I hadn't driven on too many gravel roads at that point. So I'm still glad I did it. If I had it to do over I would probably pay a pro to install it however.
Sponsored