NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I'm also continually impressed by just how deep / glossy / rich the color of the paint appears with the ceramic coating on there. Every time I wash it, it looks like it was freshly detailed.
That's exactly how I feel as well. I was also surprised by the fact there were very little swirl marks to speak of in the paint when I polished it. I don't think the dealer washed it much though it was on their lot for 4 months. However, it did have a couple spots on the roof where something was caught in the clear coat.

Now that I have some experience with the process, I'm going to give it a go on my wife's 2017 Jag F-Pace. It's a similar red color and developed swirl marks in the paint all over the hood from her taking it to car washes. No more of that! I will be testing how good my paint correction skills are.
Sponsored

Kevreh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat RWD
If you park the truck in a garage, you can go weeks and weeks by just spraying on a waterless wash spray and wiping down with a microfiber cloth. That's what I do with my Mustang. The Cquartz coating on it is finally wearing away after close to five years and needs an update. I don't think it would have gone past three or so though if it was kept outdoors.
Hmmm, I dont know if I would have the same experience living in Virginia. We alternate between rain and warm weather. Winter can be rain, sleet, or snow. So not sure to what degree the ceramic can help. We dont have a lot of dust out here like you do in so cal.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hmmm, I dont know if I would have the same experience living in Virginia. We alternate between rain and warm weather. Winter can be rain, sleet, or snow. So not sure to what degree the ceramic can help. We dont have a lot of dust out here like you do in so cal.
I'm in Idaho, Boise area. Hot summers (95+, usually pretty cold, wet winters... though this year has been mostly rain/sleet, not a ton of snow yet), plus I do a fair bit of off roading in all kinds of conditions. I'm really glad I've got the ceramic coating on the truck... it protects the paint from all the junk that can damage it, whether that's dust in the air, sediment in rain water, crap thrown up from the road surface when it's wet out, and even just the UV of the sun.

But ultimately, us telling you it's great won't ever convince you - you'll have to try it for yourself. As @NvrFinished recommended though, don't go with a cheap spray on thing that claims to be ceramic. If you are going to do it, do it right and use a high quality (which does not necessarily mean expensive) ceramic coating product.

Xclimation

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord, 2 motorcycles
Magnificent! You have inspired me! In my opinion, your truck looks BETTER than brand new freshly painted!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Wow I must have missed this when you first posted it but very impressive. The paint really pops after the coating. I like your tip on masking the trim. makes the application and removal a lot faster and easier. Great Job
Sponsored