Not open for further replies.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
As long as I get my afternoon nap I'll be fine. I am normally up at ass-crack of dawn on my off days anyhow.

But yea, finished detailing my truck this evening and unloading the last of my personal contents. De-tuned it back to factory from 93 performance cause dealer asked me to, aka cheap bastard won't toss a few hundred bucks to me and he ain't getting the SCT box for free. I can use it eventually when some tunes come out for the ZR2. (Already started dialogue with 5-Star)

I'm heading out at 5:30am cause who am I kidding, I'm like a kid the night before Christmas, I'm not gonna make it another 3 days knowing its waiting on me.

First stop Waffle House! Then onward to new adventure. :rockon:
I knew you'd go get it. :like:

I know that I certainly would.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I also need to ponder a new custom license plate. The SPEC R3 is no more.

I could keep the plate if I can come up with a third R meaning since no Ranger...

Rapid Response ______?

Sadly "ZR2" doesn't stand for anything, it was just the original RPO code for when the package was first introduced a long time ago

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I also need to ponder a new custom license plate. The SPEC R3 is no more.

I could keep the plate if I can come up with a third R meaning since no Ranger...

Rapid Response ______?

Sadly "ZR2" doesn't stand for anything, it was just the original RPO code for when the package was first introduced a long time ago
How about "Rapid Rescue Response/Responder"? A bit on the nose, but it lets you keep the SPEC-R3 "brand".

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Ehhh , not really my style but as long as YOU like it , that's what's important i guess...

(DAMN IT !!! , My truck is CRAP now ! i cant pull up beside that and eyeball it like its a taco , gotta start being nice to the wife i guess cause ima need a new truck )

But good luck with it and dont listen to what others say , as long as your ok with it , thats all that matters...

( If that would come in a SuperCab , then so would I , again , DAMN IT !!! )

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ehhh , not really my style but as long as YOU like it , that's what's important i guess...

(DAMN IT !!! , My truck is CRAP now ! i cant pull up beside that and eyeball it like its a taco , gotta start being nice to the wife i guess cause ima need a new truck )

But good luck with it and dont listen to what others say , as long as your ok with it , thats all that matters...

( If that would come in a SuperCab , then so would I , again , DAMN IT !!! )
It is what it is - based on factory specs the new ZR2 is superior to my Ranger. I would venture to say its superior to the new Rangers, excluding the Raptor.

It basically has everything the Raptor has, but the V6 TT engine and much nicer interior. It does beat the Raptor on costs - which can vary from a bit to a lot. It seems a majority of Ford Dealerships embrace market adjustment fees, while in stark contrast when hunting down a ZR2 in the color/specs I wanted I rarely found a Chevrolet dealership charging that fee.

I'm kind of wondering if Ford delayed release of their own 2.7 motor because they needed to bring it up to par with current new market offerings.

And the photo the dealership sent me kind of sucks.

2023-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-Sand-Dune-Metallic-GTL-Press-Photos-Exterior-001-front-720x480.jpg

2023-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-Sand-Dune-Metallic-GTL-Press-Photos-Exterior-008-side-720x480.jpg

2023-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-Sand-Dune-Metallic-GTL-Press-Photos-Exterior-010-rear-three-quarte...jpg

Last edited:

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Need a nitetime pic with it all lit up ... and maybe some amber for the daytime running , she does have a pretty face , id be all over one if it came in Supercab ...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bad-looking truck at all for a Chevy. 🤢🤮

HAHAHAHA! Actually, they are pretty damn good-looking.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Well this is surprising (in a good way), the dealership misquoted arrival time. Looks like it showed up on the transport truck 3 days earlier than anticipated. Now a days its pretty much standard to be delayed on everything from production to transit times (vehicle stuck at a railway hub for weeks).

But.... I am friggin stuck on duty this weekend. Still gonna have to wait till Monday. :(

image0.jpeg
Ohh that is sweet enjoy it! I want a red one :)

LB

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got there at 9:15 am, but the sales guy I was dealing with was out of the office today. He was suppose to have my paperwork ready to just sign and be on my way.

Instead I got the old man from the pixar movie UP! as the hand me down to finish the transaction.

"Sir I am good, you don't need to show me how the infotainment and all its features work. Sir I don't need to sign up for the app now. Sir Sir Sir"

"Well tell you what sonny let me just go ahead and show you anyhow"

Sigh "Yes sir...."

Nice guy, but needless to say, tonight is going to suck balls at work cause I do not have time for a nap.

But she is home, I'm just too tired to be overly excited at this point.

Now to get my garage cleaned up from operated on the Ranger. I've got parts, components, camping contents, basically everything scattered everywhere.

IMG_20230825_155036.jpg

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Honestly I hope you stick around, or at least tell me what forum your going to, I want to see what you do with this.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We're all mad you have to work this weekend as well.

We want updates!!

And pics.

And a few more pics.

OneMore

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Well I got there at 9:15 am, but the sales guy I was dealing with was out of the office today. He was suppose to have my paperwork ready to just sign and be on my way.

Instead I got the old man from the pixar movie UP! as the hand me down to finish the transaction.

"Sir I am good, you don't need to show me how the infotainment and all its features work. Sir I don't need to sign up for the app now. Sir Sir Sir"

"Well tell you what sonny let me just go ahead and show you anyhow"

Sigh "Yes sir...."

Nice guy, but needless to say, tonight is going to suck balls at work cause I do not have time for a nap.

But she is home, I'm just too tired to be overly excited at this point.

Now to get my garage cleaned up from operated on the Ranger. I've got parts, components, camping contents, basically everything scattered everywhere.

IMG_20230825_155036.jpg

Glad you made it back home with new ZR2.
Looks even better in your garage.
Good thing the track isn't any wider. She just fits between the shop floor area.

Please keep us informed.
Which Colorado forum will you be posting to?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.